Issues with using mouse wheel to pan across the map

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by tommybananas, May 30, 2014.

1. tommybananas

tommybananas Active Member

Hey guys im not sure if iv seen this problem out on the forums yet. seen a similar one with selection box issues, but any way.
    Im noticing that when i use the mouse wheel to drag about the place it seems to 'stick' sometimes causeing me to be constantly battling moving my screen to where i want it then going to reposition my mouse and dragging the screen more or less back to where i started! As you can imagine this is very anoying! Iv noticed it mainly happens during conflicts or mid to late game where theres alot going on. Is this just server lag from running multiple games causing this issue?
  2. ArchieBuld

ArchieBuld Active Member

I have the same issue. It happens almost all the time :\
    warrenkc likes this.
  3. sebovzeoueb

sebovzeoueb Active Member

It feels to me like a performance issue, as I only get it late game. I had quite a bit of lag in one game, including this problem, and when I killed an enemy commander it went away, presumably due to the lesser number of units in game.
    warrenkc and ahrimofnor like this.
  4. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

I'm pretty sure, just like the selection box problem, it's probably server lag- it'll be fixed by release when single player is present ;)
    warrenkc likes this.
  5. spainardslayer

spainardslayer Well-Known Member

I've had this issue even when I have a stable 60 FPS, so it's most likely server lag.
    squishypon3 likes this.
  6. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Yep, people are saying that it's only been since the galactic war update, but that's also the first time we've had a server crash too, the server's had a lot more stress because of a lot of new players.
  7. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

I don't see how it is server lag. The problem seems to be with javascript mouse events in the ui. Even though mouse panning is handled by native code inside the engine, the command to start or stop that is sent from the javascript ui to the engine. This command wouldn't be sent over the network and it usually does eventually trigger, but there can be a huge delay.
    warrenkc likes this.
  8. mabdeno

mabdeno Active Member

I had the same thing in a build around Christmas time, it was quite annoying rotating the planet then having to wait for it to deselect before I could click anything else.
  9. corwin1

corwin1 Member

I think it does happen more often with low framerate (or maybe even lag, though that doesn't sound very likely). But it's still clearly bug in UI logic. Some mouse button release doesn't count for some reason. Or it gets queued and delayed, maybe.
  10. Taxman66

Taxman66 Well-Known Member

Yeah this issue is driving me crazy. It seems to happen a lot when I get notifications like 'commander spotted' etc. which is really annoying when I want to snipe com and it bugs out.
    warrenkc likes this.
  11. nateious

nateious Active Member

I've also had this issue, it started in the current build so I assume it's related to the new UI and how it handles mouse clicks / button clicks. I've seen other posts about UI lag, so I assume it's caused by a lag between when I actually release my middle mouse button and when the game realizes that I've done so.
  12. Chemdude8

Chemdude8 New Member