Are sub commanders too helpful in galactic war?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by alexrou, May 30, 2014.

1. alexrou

alexrou New Member

It seems like in every battle other than fighting the main planet of the faction one sub commander is enough to win the battle for me without doing anything lol.
  2. Dexodrill

Dexodrill New Member

I find the Sub commander to be very helpful when you encounter the battle against 3 coms. It does feel a bit strong for regular play but since it is limited to the tech you have unlocked it never feels to strong in my opinion. It could use some tweeking but I do enjoy having this ability to level the playing field in the Multi Com battles.
  3. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

Imo there should be a Sub Com limit. 2-3 max.
    MrTBSC likes this.
  4. alexrou

alexrou New Member

I find being able to AFK without building anything a little too strong :p
    SolitaryCheese and brianpurkiss like this.
  5. sebovzeoueb

sebovzeoueb Active Member

Maybe they should be a feature separate from the tech slots, and should only be available for Stronghold battles. It would be cool if maybe you got a sub commander for each stronghold you defeat. Maybe even make it somewhat like FTL where you can choose to have them join you, or take a tech instead.
  6. Murcanic

Murcanic Well-Known Member

when ai is update yes probably they will be to strong but atm for anything but the boss battle the only thing they do for me is help with scouting then I can just go in with tanks, bombers or even the com and win the match before the 6 minute mark, the ai right now even on its hardest setting is pretty easy to kill.
  7. Pendaelose

Pendaelose Well-Known Member

It looks like this latest patch puts additional enemy commanders on worlds further away from your starting planet. In those fights the sub commander might be a lot less overpowered.
  8. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

one GW..i hade nothing BUT sub coms......then i got nuked
  9. thetbc

thetbc Member

Yes, they are.
  10. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

I think they're too good, but *shrug* having a sub commander is kind of cool. Perhaps rebalancing how likely you are to get the sub-commanders, so that you're even less likely to get them at the beginning, would be enough to improve it.
  11. cognitivediscopants

cognitivediscopants New Member

Have the Sub Commander work like a one-time use item. It still takes up a space but you have to activate the commander before the battle and once the battle is over you have to find another.
  12. LeadfootSlim

LeadfootSlim Well-Known Member

I'm all for reducing their drop rate early on. Nothing ruins your fun like an easy-mode crutch.