Fresh install no icons

Discussion in 'Support!' started by Draighven, May 30, 2014.

1. Draighven

Draighven New Member

Like the title says, working off a brand new fresh install, no mods or anything. And the strategic icons won't show up in game at all. Tried messing with the settings in game, currently set to always show, still nothing. Any help on this issue?
  2. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

Can you please upload your dxdiag.txt? Instructions in my signature below.:)
  3. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Dxdiag will be helpful here for sure. All strat icons are rendered through the GPU now, so if your drivers are old, there is a chance that might be interfering with some of the rendering, including icons.
  4. Draighven

Draighven New Member

Drivers shouldn't be out of date... like i said its a fresh install, new install of windows even, all drivers were downloaded from the net, latest versions. Went and downloaded a fresh version of catalyst drivers as i'm typing this up, will try re-installing the drivers when i get home from work today.

Attached Files:

5. totallypointless

totallypointless New Member

Is cinematic mode on/off?
  6. mayhemster

mayhemster Well-Known Member

not sure if this will matter but you aren't on windows 7 SP 1 yet. i'd suggest getting windows up to date
  7. Draighven

Draighven New Member

Yeah fresh install so windows hasn't fully updated yet, will check cinematic mode when I get home. I take it cinematic mode turns them off?
  8. Draighven

Draighven New Member

Cinematic mode was on, turned it off and icons showed up. >_<
  9. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General