PTE Stream: 66705

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, May 28, 2014.

1. Corang

Corang Well-Known Member

From what I gathered in the (embarassingly) short match is that hardcore is a whole new level of AI difficulty, I've played some semi pro players and never been base raped that bad the match was 2v3 I had 2 sub coms and there were 2 enemies, and they wiped the floor with my team
  2. wondible

wondible Post Master General

OSX: Running .app crashes immediately. Running it via UberLauncher Crashes, and UL has a dialog saying "file not found". I tried to run the PA executable from the command line to see if I could get an error message, but that actually ran fine. I went back a few directories and tried running the app from the command line:

Code:
    PTE jlove$ open PA.app
    LSOpenURLsWithRole() failed with error -10810 for the file /Users/jlove/Library/Application Support/Uber Entertainment/Planetary Annihilation/data/streams/PTE/PA.app.
  3. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Aircraft definitely fly undergound. Wonder what caused that bug. Man thats rough.
    I call dibs on the first build over 9000.
    paulusss likes this.
  4. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Commander destroyed while commander was in build mode (yet another attempt to try Orbital Commander, better known as comboxing without the BACON.) The player panel switched to spectator mode, but isn't updating any spectator data. Game did not go into game-over. I had two living sub-commanders (who were just standing around since they had no factories, but that is definitely in stable) I only have vision of my team, not full spectator vision. Chronocam clock is still advancing.
  5. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

Still getting "failed to start game" when playing GW, it was the first "fight" in the game.
  6. nobrains

nobrains Member

I got aircraft flying underground in the live build on some metal planets.
  7. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

I did.. the game must not have registered it.
  8. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

I am getting some heavy interface lag with this latest version. Not just the UI but any interaction.
    After 10 minutes in a game with 5 AIs (2 Support commanders, 3 Enemies), even camera navigation heavily lags behind (even though my framerate is still fine) and only starts to react 1-2 seconds after I press the mousewheel.

Same goes for selecting units, drawing selection boxes, building things... basically any type of interaction.
  9. Fr33Lancer

Fr33Lancer Well-Known Member

Same here, as explained in another topic (which initially thought it might have been related) for a mod called "ko deferred".
    My latest finding (only playing GW for the moment) pinpoints massive building (maybe units too ?) explosions, like when you steam roll an enemy (big) base, or more specifically when you annihilate a commander (everything exploding in chains) and you still have another comm to kill (so the game doesn't stop, if it's the only one you get the victory screen and won't get these lags).
    I'd like to know when it happens for other people.
  10. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

It probably goes without saying, but if you find problems that you hadn't seen before, the first step is always to disable ALL mods. See if the problem still happens. This is absolutely critical for us to know whether it's a real problem in our code, or if a mod is erroring out / causing problems. If the former, this is the right place for it. If the latter, it should go to the mod author(s).

The biggest upside of easy modding is the biggest downside. It's easy to introduce problems and make it very confusing for us as the developer to know where the problem truly lies.
    lokiCML and Quitch like this.
  11. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Possible you can implement some workaround that will force disable all mods if update brings some UI changes?

E.g just implement some simple logic that will require mods to be re-enabled each time you guys change some "compatibility level". So when you just push server-side crash fix or some updated shaders it's won't disable mods, but when there UI changes they'll be disabled by default.

I suppose guys who support mod managers will follow such rule because it's will improve experience for everyone. At least there won't be players who accidentally leave some unused mod enabled.
  12. garat

Version checking and things like that (basically an officially supported mod manager) are on our long term plans, but it's a big chunk of work, and a little out of scope for a while longer. We want to do it, but when we do it, we want to do it right.
    Remy561, proeleert and lokiCML like this.
  13. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

14. garat

Good to know. :) Just like to make sure we're gathering the right info. That helps. I think we know what this is and should have a fix.
    ace63, Fr33Lancer and cola_colin like this.
  15. k4trix

k4trix Member

Same for me but not depending on the biome, just random GW game.
    Maybe related to land elevation.