Galactic War Issue

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by brianpurkiss, May 22, 2014.

1. piejunkie

piejunkie New Member

ahhhh that makes so much sense! so, er...i suppose that interface is quite intuitive really...
  2. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Glad I could be of help. :)
  3. stromgol23

stromgol23 New Member

Played one uber map and one small map so far... all the games were the same. On both of these never found bots/air/naval/orbital. All games were 8-9 minutes basic vehicule rushes.

- Chances to find something useful in tech seems very low.
    - Enemy AI is given a number of tech similar to the players pool. Since I only had basic vehicule AI had only basic units of one type. That never changed and made every game the same (except the boss fights)
    - Enemy AI never made more than one factory. I would come in with 4-5 factories in full swing vs 1 factory just starting to make units. Made the games way too easy but maybe that was the intention since I had starting tech (or it's just a bug).

I understand the intension and see the potential. It's basically the same goal as FTL. Different l0adout at start, you upgrade randomly on your way and then boss. You never hit the same upgrades so every playthroughs are different.

For the next iteration i'd suggest improving the odds of finding something useful. I think it's the biggest issue with replayability right now. Every tech in one big pool and only one dice roll per turn seems too random. Compare to FTL stores. Those are a couple of dice rolls that present the player with choices. This means there's a much higher chance the player will find something useful. Maybe split techs in categories and roll one of each category? Maybe make three rolls and let player choose one? Also will help when AI varies their strategy :)

Can't wait for iteration 2 ^^
    15racing likes this.
  4. 15racing

15racing New Member

I like the comparison to FTL (one of my biggest time sinks of late). Key difference is that most techs you find in FTL could be used when you find them. Somtimes its a big stretch but very rarely completely useless. I have played a few games now and never made it past tech level 1. Getting the same t2 and upgrade techs that I cannot do anything at all with time and again is a little frustrating.

Trying to invade an established planet with nothing but t1 tanks and single unit orbital landers sucks.

Looking forward to iteration 2 myself. :)
  5. unix1985

unix1985 New Member

I like Galactic War. It's pretty good for the first version. I get what Brian is saying though. Not all techs are alike. Some are clearly more necessary than others in unavoidable parts of the game, i.e. more orbital options for interplanetary fights.

On a side note, I got full naval tech twice in a game, but never saw a single water planet anywhere. Lol.
  6. bradaz85

bradaz85 Active Member

It's a first pass, it's going to be sorted.. Your not going to be left with the first pass :)
    brianpurkiss likes this.
  7. meir22344

meir22344 Active Member

Personally there needs to be a requirement that you have the required t1 tech for the t2 tech cards to appear and is it just me or do the sub-com's and enemy com's not use the teleporter.
  8. jashfield730

jashfield730 New Member

Just to add the Galactic Update is really good I now play PA more often as the battles are often shorter. I have played like 10 Galactic battles. However I think the tech generator thing needs a look at I think I have like 3 sub commanders which is pretty amazing since it makes it sooooo easy to complete the first levels.
    Keep up the great work devs.