Do skilled players still build lazer turrets?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Strategy and Tactics' started by Black Jack Davy, December 9, 2010.

1. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

I've only failed to receive full juice once, when I was an Assault who had JUST spawned with NO juice, and taunted in front of it. But, I just Assault Rifled a few bots, and, voila.

Give it a go. Worst case scenario you give the enemy team 25 bucks. They're giving you a potential 500. I'd say the gain far outweighs the risk.

As to my knowledge, as single taunt will do it. If you wanna make sure, get a meager bar built up before your attempt. So, yeah. About five seconds, tops, for a full taunt.
  2. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

Less than five seconds. The difference between taunting vs tank deploy is you have to finish your taunt before you can juice. The tank can fight AND juice as soon as he gets it.

Hacked lasers also give you juice quicker. A tank deployed between 2 3.3s can get juice in under 2 seconds and still have over half health.
  3. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

Yeppers.

I know it was less. Just like fives. Such nice, constant numbers. No taunt takes five seconds. Except maybe the Support's jetski one. But, a Laser Blazer in your base is probably the worst thing that can happen.
  4. Leonyx

Leonyx New Member

Well then, duly noted.
  5. Immortal303

Immortal303 New Member

Before the DLC, Lazers were my go-to turret. I haven't built one since though. Yeah,they are better than nothing next to your moneyball, but I'd rather have a lvl 1 rocket if I can afford it just for it's durability. Last thing I need in that situation is a burnt out nub from someone smoking my lazer right after it was built.
  6. harpy515

harpy515 New Member

I always build rocket or long shot if its on spunky. Shave ice if I have cash to burn. But I never ever buy lasers now, they're useless.
  7. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

Let's put it this way, my post DLC juices from lazer blazers is greater than all of the kills I have seen from a post DLC lazer blazers combined.

And I don't play tank.
  8. th3cozy

th3cozy New Member

LBs will 100% be reworked in upcoming updates.
  9. lDeadEye

lDeadEye New Member

Guys.. Hudson is lying. The best players in the game build tons of lazer blazers, and they don't even stand around them to guard them. They build lazer blazers in areas that no-one but enemies goes near, and they let them do their job.....

....giving me juice
  10. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

So THAT'S why everyone was yelling at me after that happened. They were just jealous of my skillz. I was beginning to think I had done something wrong.
  11. Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher New Member

I only build them if theres bots trying to get in and I'm downing in them just to stop them so I can get back on my feet. Everyone juices off them nowadays and you'll do more damage with a shavice/rockets/firebase.
  12. SpcTorres

SpcTorres New Member

Well, now i feel dumb. So that is why people taunt in front of it.
  13. BamBam11

BamBam11 New Member

Oh so we shouldn't make em
    I've been putting lvl 1s up at all spots :lol:
  14. Organous

Organous Member

There is currently no good reason to make a laser. A level 3 laser costs $175, and has about as much power as a level 1 rocket at $150, and takes less time to build. After the new patch, we'll see what happens. The rapid fire of the laser is the only positive thing about it.
  15. DismayVJJ

DismayVJJ New Member

What's a lazer blazer? Are you talking about those pitful pea shooters that shoot concentrated juice into the juice reserves of the enemy team? I try to stay away from buying anything that gives the other team the advantage. Shave-ice / Rockets or bust.
  16. Ian

Ian New Member

Jon#s builds them for me :)
  17. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

1.3 LBs FTL. :D
  18. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

Not at all. Assassins, Gunners, and Tanks can easily gain juice from even a 3.3 Lazer. I won't take the chance of the enemy team knowing what they do, so I won't build them.
  19. IPUR3 EVIL

IPUR3 EVIL New Member

Do people even die from lazer blazers anymore? Ive died more from blackjacks than i have by those useless turrets that last seconds once built.
  20. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

Well, there WAS this one time when I was taunting in front of one, and and army of Black Jacks came by. So, I died. To the hands of a Lv 1 unhacked Laser Blazer. FML.