Uh... so is everybody just OK with this?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by dallonf, May 26, 2014.

1. thetbc

thetbc Member

Modders are working on alternate UI projects however I do believe that the UI should have been higher on Uber's 'to do' list rather than grenadiers or Galactic War. The game is in development however should someone be bashed because they made a comment about it's completion? No.
  2. planktum

planktum Post Master General

A
    As I said "the basics are there".
  3. CrazyVulcan

CrazyVulcan Active Member

I think the hot key chains are a step in the right direction. My only grip is the X, V, and C keys dividing the menus, just wish TAB could sort them. Its awakrd not using integers but those are already taken with the view anchors and groups.
  4. dallonf

dallonf Active Member

For the record, I have edited most of my posts at least once; usually just for grammar and clarification, but I've also replaced one or two sharp comments with something more diplomatic.

I'm guessing that what came across as hostile was mostly that my initial post came out swinging, attacking a bunch of things that I perceived to be lacking, and rather than backing down when proven wrong (these things actually are there), I shifted my attack to the fact that it was hard to find these things. I'm not saying I'm wrong, but yeah, there's better ways to handle that.

The other part is probably my tendency to use bold text or italics when making a point. I mostly do that to make my arguments easier to skim and emphasize what the important points are (kind of like how Nintendo games will highlight the parts you actually need to read), but it could definitely come across as a bad attitude. I'm not gonna apologize for this part; I like my writing style :)
  5. Frostiken

Frostiken Member

I'm shocked that the UI is missing basic quality of life features from SC:FA, which had one of the best RTS UIs I'd ever seen. Being able to drag around your move orders, being able to see ALL queued orders of all units to plan around them, and most important - THE BUILD QUEUE.

I can accept that the UI sucks right now, but assurance that a big update is coming would be nice.
    Last edited: May 27, 2014
  6. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

How many times has it been stated in this thread that the UI isn't done?
  7. Frostiken

Frostiken Member

By which Uber Ent dev?
  8. brianpurkiss

Several. Many times.
  9. Frostiken

Frostiken Member

So none have whatsoever, and you're talking out your ***.
  10. brianpurkiss

Not at all. Several developers have stated multiple times that the UI is not finished.

I just don't feel like wasting my time on someone who is too lazy to use the search bar.

The game isn't finished, nor is the UI.

If you don't believe that, well, I don't care. That's your prerogative. Doesn't make you correct.
  11. phantomtom

phantomtom Active Member

I never even thought about the UI. Some patches ago they did some fixes to it, turn`d out better.
    Im okay with it.
  12. BradNicholson

BradNicholson Uber Employee Uber Alumni

Let's calm it down a little bit in here, pretty please.

As for the official response: we're totally still working, and thinking about, the UI.
  13. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

Happy now ;)
    squishypon3 likes this.
  14. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Exactly! :D
  15. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

You're wrong about move, it's a very useful command. Right-click is contextual, but often I want my units to move where that enemy horde is, not attack. Both commands affect movement and engagement.
  16. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

These are good points and I hope people listen to them. Personally I think the "consuming" tab in the bottom left feels out of place, and it would be nicer the energy/metal usage showed when you hovered over the thing that's building as a sort of speech bubble.

Also factories could have some sort of flashyness when they have units rolling off them to make it more obvious that they are still running.

The other UI stuff in this thread is "meh" or "it's being worked on" or "you can already do that, lol".