How Does Being Shot Slow Down A Pro's Speed

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Undertaker4uplr, January 31, 2011.

1. Undertaker4uplr

Undertaker4uplr New Member

When being shot, I notice my pro tends to slow down. Is this in relation to the amount of health lost? At first I though I was only slowing down while actually being shot, but than I noticed I was still moving slow for a time even after the bullets stopped hitting me.
  2. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

If you get minigun'd by a deployed Gunner, you slow down. The effect lasts for a second or two after you are hit, and it doesn't matter how far away the Gunner is when he hits you.
  3. leov1993

leov1993 Post Master General

True. It sucks that the gunner can already tear you to shreds, but he slows you down too.
  4. IPUR3 EVIL

IPUR3 EVIL New Member

Makes sense to me, if im getting shot by a gunner i expect to die not just walk slower than normal.
  5. Intricasm

Intricasm New Member

Hell, I get shot by anything, and i'd expect to move slower.
  6. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

Fairly big risk-reward dealie, if you ask me - the Gunner is completely immobilised.
  7. lDeadEye

lDeadEye New Member

I'm pretty sure the firebase does it too. Either that or it makes the framerate go so low I can't move.
  8. PhiyerBayse

PhiyerBayse New Member

No more nerfs for The Gunner please! The slowdown (or stopping power) is fine.
  9. Nayr

Nayr New Member

In real life yeah, this is a video game in which I can blow myself up with a bomb to fly through the air and survive. Not very realistic is my point. As for the stopping power on the gunner, it seems fine. Makes up for his slow movement and he did get his range nerfed so I don't see any problem.
  10. wazupwiop

wazupwiop New Member

Deploying as a gunner has its pros and cons. If you are having trouble fighting a deployed gunner, I find that it is often best to attack from behind or airstrike/headcrab them.