Icons

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by tatsujb, May 26, 2014.

1. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

I'm having an issue here where I'm reporting lag/crash caused by touching (in ANY way) any of the files under:
    • ..\Planetary Annihilation\stable\media\ui\main\atlas\icon_atlas\img\strategic_icons
    • ..\Planetary Annihilation\stable\media\ui\main\atlas\icon_atlas
    and :
    • ..\Planetary Annihilation\stable\media\shaders\textured_unlit_bgra_colorized.fs
    this lag/crash does not occur until the 1500/2000 unit mark is passed.

I know it's these files since if tested repeatedly rejoining said crashing match with original and with altered files.

and the crashes and lag stops as soon as the original files are back.

shadowing gives same results.

am I crazy?

why is noone else confirming this???
  2. xedi

xedi Active Member

I don't know, but at any rate you shouldn't be changing the file "textured_unlit_bgra_colorized.fs", as the relevant files for the strategic icon shader are now particle_icon.fs, particle_icon.vs.

I've watched many large replays and no crashes occurred using my icons, but I don't know about anyone else's experiences.

I seriously doubt that touching those files in any way affects stability of the game, especially just changing a few pixels in some of the strategic icons should have absolutely zero impact on stability.
    tatsujb likes this.
  3. tatsujb

I don't understand.

I'll probably start from ground zero again and redraw them all but currently my PNG crash the game.... and I have no idea why ... and it's driving me insane :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
  4. tatsujb

Finally figured it out!!!

it was my white fabspray.