eXodus eSports presents the Community Cup - May 24th 1800 UTC

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Quitch, May 14, 2014.

1. mayhemster

mayhemster Well-Known Member

The name problem is a slightly backwards bug that is fixable, its certainly worked for me and a few others. Reinstall the PA launcher and only run the game from that and your name will be your Steam name. If you launch the game through your steam shortcut then your name will be your uber name.
  2. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Just a reminder to read the rules and that you need to ensure you join IRC using the name you signed-up under.

See you all soon. Only two and a half hours until we start.
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  3. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

All people in the tournament please Read and learn these things if you don't know them. http://exodusesports.com/guides/using-irc-during-a-tournament/
    The IRC channel is #patournaments
    http://exodusesports.com/guides/pa-stats-system-sharing/
    With PAStats you need to play one game atleast vs an AI with PAStats on so that the automatic tracking system to record your score and update challonge works properly.

All Participants please read the fallowing:
    http://exodusesports.com/tournament/community-cup/rules/
    http://exodusesports.com/tournament/community-cup/players/

Even if you have glanced at them please fully read them and familiarize yourself with them. This will insure that the tournaments great for you, the spectators, the organizers, and everyone else involved.
  4. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Both streams are live!
    Kola2 likes this.
  5. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

shame that about 10 didnt show up and another 6 that didnt know how to properly use IRC
  6. wondible

wondible Post Master General

It's just as well I stink at this game, house lost power shortly after I lost my last match.
  7. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

ouch lol, your house does not like you loosing
  8. soliderfighter

soliderfighter Member

Yeah people don't know the IRC and some people (me and my friend) showed up 10 minuts after 6pm (the stream had not started so I think we only was a few minuts too late though) but really I see why we was not allowed to attend ;) I think rules should be easier to find, people don't read the website. Maybe they read the forum post here but there is no link to the rules here and they are not written here. I am going to post an idea if they post a "what could have been done better in the community cup" post here on the forums :D so that this get easier :)

Anyway my parents had to use ages in the store when they knew I was going to attend to this tournament. I did so much (like I helped them with everything) and then still I end up too late (so they're kinda slow). So I really stressed for no reason, and I didn't even know we was going to the store after a birthday. I thought I would be able to get on in time. My dad also told me it was ok and that we would make it, but no I didn't sadly and my friend didn't know anything about the IRC and the rules, I was going to send him the link and everything he needed before the tournament, but then again I forgot my phone, so couldn't help him with it. And when I got on 15 minuts after the tournament started he'd forgot it, lol. So tragic, I was so looking forward to doing well and show off all my practice and my clan :)

anyway I wish everyone good luck :D although many of you are already annihilated :D
  9. tohron

tohron Active Member

Well, I guess my first-round elimination is now less embarrassing (it was to Call me Graham).
  10. Quitch

Multiple e-mails were sent to every participant. The rules and requirements were in every one of those.
  11. soliderfighter

soliderfighter Member

Yeah but not everyone participated with a mail I assume ;) though I knew all the rules :)
  12. Quitch

E-mail was mandatory, you couldn't sign up without it.
  13. soliderfighter

soliderfighter Member

Oh, ookkk, but anyway as me I never check my mail :D
  14. Nullimus

Nullimus Well-Known Member

Couldyou please post the game ids so that I can review them all?
  15. Martenus

Martenus Well-Known Member

16. Quitch

So cast matches are coming online over at eXodus. Check the matches page and look for the YouTube icon where you can see the action you missed, or perhaps just check out a cast of one of your games. And please, leave your thoughts in the comments section.

http://exodusesports.com/tournament/community-cup/matches/