Immense lag at spawn due to Texture Popping

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by Junkie, January 29, 2011.

1. Junkie

Junkie New Member

Besides some occasional freezing and stuttering, I run this game mostly fine. However, something I find incredibly irritating is whenever I re-spawn, some awful texture popping occurs in the spawn room, bringing my fps down to a slide show for several seconds. This is extremely annoying, it prevents me from getting back into the fight at as quickly as possible as I have to now wait for the game's framerate to recover.

Has anybody had this issue or know how to fix it?
  2. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

Yeah, I also noticed that a lot of loading seemed to be going on as soon as everyone spawns

maybe some more of the entity or sound data needs to be preloaded during the map intro flyby
  3. R234

R234 New Member

As far as I know, texture popping in Unreal Engine 3 doesn't cause any loading lag, I'd actually think it's there to eliminate it, but, what do I know? If I had to guess though, that might be a video driver problem. I also experienced a bit of loading lag in MT Framework engine (i.e. Resident Evil 5) and the modified UE2.5 in Splinter Cell Conviction, but downloading a new driver for my GPU completely eliminated that issue. Maybe that'd work for you as well.