Unwinnable game

Discussion in 'Support!' started by thesilas, May 23, 2014.

1. thesilas

thesilas New Member

So I was just playing a game of Galactic War and I got pretty far and had lots of Tech unlocked but sadly none of them were space related. So I started another fight and completed destroyed the enemy base but didn't win the game. Turned out the commander had built a launch pad and then flown his commander to the next planet but remained in orbit. I had no vehicles or weapons to shoot him down and my subcommander wasn't building anything space related. I tried flying to the next planet myself and building some weapons and buildings there but I wasn't ever able to shoot him down or anything.

Just some thoughts.

Silas
    planktum likes this.
  2. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Yeah. I've run into a similar instance of an unwinnable game.

I hope Uber fixes it kinda soon.
    stuart98 likes this.
  3. planktum

planktum Post Master General

Orbital and multi-planet gameplay is broken, and quite boring to be honest.
  4. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

You can just move an engineer in an astraeus and reclaim his astraeus or build an umbrella.
  5. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I am not sure the assault commander can build defences. That is a very specific scenario you cause yourself, but there are some detail work to be done on what is necesary to start with to be able to even touch a layer.
  6. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

I ran into an unwinnable game as well, where the AI covered a planet with catapults and gunship deathballs. Turned into a very dull stalemate.

I'm fine with tech giving a disadvantage, but unwinnable games are just annoying.
  7. thesilas

thesilas New Member

It's not even games that I can't win that are annoying, it's games that literally can't end. He was stuck in orbit, and I was stuck on the ground with nothing to shoot him down. He can't do anything and I can't do anything. The only thing to do was to quit the game.
  8. Nalin

Nalin New Member

You couldn't even build a catapult? That was one of the basic techs I started with.

I almost had a bad game like this. I only had a T1 vehicle factory and an Astreus. The last enemy was on another planet and it was covered in bombers. Any teleport gate I built wouldn't survive long enough for any units to make it through. So I built a gigantic army of spinners, and a gigantic swarm of Astreuses. Area loaded them all up and unloaded them on the planet. I covered half a planet in spinners.
  9. adeets

adeets New Member

last match of my war was screwed as well, 30 mins in (real time 1 hour due to the ungodly lag) commander captain was on another planet all i had were astraeus, tried getting a foot hold and i was swarmed before i could get teleport down, 1/2 my astraeuses were shot down in orbit, next time (same map) i tried to do a vanguard drop, 25 of them, as they were circling to find a place to unload (seriously you should just be able to give the stop command and press the unload button, no need to click anywhere, drop them where they are) they all got shot down as well... frustrating is not the word for this exercise, it was the last guy on my last dot before i was done completely with that war.

I dont think avengers and footholds and fabbers should be an unlocked tech, with this game they are needed anytime a system has 2 planets, and that pretty much every system.

anyways that was my last captain for gal war, and all the other captains i found a place to land and drop a foot hold, Gal war was a ton of fun up until that point.

honestly playing with out that orbital tech reminded me of beta in the worst way.

Planetary annihilation, no matter the game mode should be easy to move and attack other planets, also the one of the biggest features of this game is smashing planets, and that is a tech you have to get lucky to find? that is a load of hog wash.

Avengers, Footholds, orbital Fabbers should not be a tech to unlock, they should always be attached to the orbital launcher.