Unable to Launch Planetary Annihilation

Discussion in 'Support!' started by jasassin, May 24, 2014.

1. jasassin

jasassin New Member

So every time I open up the launcher and click play, after it finishes updating the game will try to launch and then I get the inevitable error message, "pa.exe has stopped working" and never end up making it to the Menu screen. Windows hasn't ever been able to find the problem, and neither have I. I have made sure that my drivers are up to date, and just to be sure here is the DxDiag.txt. If I am blind somehow and missed a painfully obvious driver that is out of date I would be grateful to anyone to point it out and resolve this issue easily.

I haven't been able to play the game since the beta stage unless if I re-installed the launcher every time, since the past few patches this work around stopped working due to the new launcher and I have been unable to play altogether. I have been hoping it was just a bad patch for my computer but that seems to not be the case.

Anybody else have this problem or any idea why this is happening?
    It didn't really make a whole lot of sense to me why updating the launcher allowed the game to launch, but right after I would close the game and attempt to re-open the game and the same problem would occur and I wouldn't be able to play until I would re-install the and update launcher before I would be able to play.

Attached Files:

2. calpernicus

calpernicus New Member

I am also having the same problem. Not sure what is going on...
  3. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

4. jasassin

jasassin New Member

Drivers are still up to date, tried lowering my pc's resolution to 800 x 600 and still unable to launch the game.
  5. jasassin

jasassin New Member

So I've even tried updating to the most recent beta driver for my graphics card and it still won't launch.