[REL] [CMM] Hotbuild2 v1.51 [113578]

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by proeleert, December 8, 2013.

1. Tripax

Tripax Member

I try to save you on that after community cup!
  2. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

Ugh... Really hating the way Uber has set up their keybinds. I realise that I kind of supported the way it was set up, but Hotbuild2 allows a lot of flexibility which Uber's system doesn't allow.
  3. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

Lol yeah first time I saw it I was thinking this is kiwi's system :)
  4. SikkeSakke

SikkeSakke Member

Big Hand! It's working well again.

Just noticed that stop-order don't work for factories (very handy when you want to change your builds - just stop factory and select new units to buid. Of course all done by hotkeys ;).)
  5. proeleert

Yeah this was al quick fixing still busy with eXodus Tournament so don't think I'll be able to do much fixing today. Should be enough for the moment ....
  6. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

i dont get how it works now xD i cant set community defaults and my old layout is totally gone... something is wrong ^^
  7. stormingkiwi

Lol yeah....

But my system (relying heavily on the b key to switch between build tabs) can also be used without using the b key.. the b key just reduces the number of times you have to cycle through buildings you don't want to build.

Also my system, as I originally suggested it, was made before I was sold on Hotbuild2.

However the way I use my b key to cycle, I use it about 50% of the time. Sometimes it is faster, other times it isn't.

More importantly, the entire reason I used b key to cycle build tabs was to free up hotkeys for unit commands.

I.e. I set some unit commands so that they clashed with hotbuild buildings. I could cycle away using the B key. Use S as storage and S as Patrol as an example - as long as I could not build Storage, I could set units to patrol.
  8. twigifire

twigifire New Member

Anyone else having a problem though when you can't save your own hotkeys (like recall anchor point) when this build is on?
    BTW this setup worked amazing in old UI, then uber had to cafuffle it all!
  9. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

yes same for me, I even cannot set the WASD Defaults of Hotbuild anymore :(
  10. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

I think settings manager is STILL broken. I still cannot save any changes.
  11. proeleert

yeah could still be problems haven't really got the time to fix it all yet.
    ******* elections ....
  12. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

issues:
    - I had at least one case of the default hotkeys interfering with hotbuild, so f yielded my turret and not a pgen
    - shift is ignored when queuing up units
    - there was something else, but I forgot :(
  13. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Quoting you as it is about modbatch. I am having problems using it with hotbuild. It doesn't work with hotkeys but does if I click on the ui.
  14. cola_colin

That's what I meant with "shift is ignored". Hotbuild doesn't care about shift, so ofc modbatch has no effects on it.
    Clopse likes this.
  15. cola_colin

Ah yeah exactly what I forgot:

pressing w on a t2 factory yields 1 t2 enginer and 1 t1 enginer added to the queue.
  16. proeleert

I'm not near a pc that can run PA coming days so it will have to wait. But keep the bugs coming.
  17. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I 80% like Uber's hotkeys. The reason is that I actually did have build-select on left hand, unit command on right hand, and Uber fairly simply set that up. Their hotkeys also appear to be useable with a controller with later support, for whatever that is worth.

The obvious reasons I don't like Uber hotkeys, is sometimes I get a bug where it deselects the tab forcing a mouseover or mouseclick, sometimes I press the hotkey for a mex and retain a powerplant and if not careful I build a pgen on a mex in a long buildque, and I like how my old hotkeys just had a layer for factory blueprints and a layer for fabricator blueprints on the same keys.

Uber's can work with a little bugfixing. TBH, hotbuild2 layout being available as a downloadable mod, is a good thing, it gives you 2 layouts at your discretion.
  18. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

I don't think it has anything to do with hotbuild because it doesn't work with uber's hotkeys either?
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  19. cola_colin

No idea what ubers hotkeys do. Does it add +5 by using them?
  20. stormingkiwi

I had no issues with Shift and Hotbuild2.

I don't use ModBatch - you've got infinite queues, and ctrl+click adds to the queue without adding to the infinite queue. I haven't seen the point.