So close...

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Datarogue, August 12, 2010.

1. Datarogue

Datarogue New Member

As a major TF2 fan, and a semi-pro DotA player, this looks like a game right up my alley. But, I have to ask one question... WHY MICROSOFT EXCLUSIVE!? I'm an indie/hobbyist game developer myself, so I can understand that Microsoft gives indies like %70 revenue of their title, while all other places you go through negotiation and it normally averages out at, %50 so I guess this could be the biggest reason. I do wonder if you guys tried to do a deal with steam or PSN, as I generally approve of their business practices.

I just find it difficult to justify buying 1,600 Microsoft points (Even though I already have 200, and the game only costs 1,200 but, Microsoft sells purposely on incompatible intervals so you're always buying more then you need :roll: .) and paying for gold to only play one game, and supporting such shady business practices. Now, don't get me wrong, it's not that I can't, it's mostly just me trying to avoid being a hypocrite. Though, I guess only the trial version will tell.

Still, is there any chance the game can be released on PC/PS3?

P.S. Yeah, I know I asked more then one questions but, do you honestly care?
  2. Tigerfox 360

Tigerfox 360 New Member

you can always buy 800 $10 and 400 $5 to total up 1200, on the xbox console.
    the 1600 are the smallest points cards you can buy, but not the smallest you can order when you pay for it directly on your xbox.
  3. Datarogue

Datarogue New Member

I guess so it still roughly seems fair since at that point the $ to MP ratio switches. I wish Microsoft can just deal with normal currency like everyone else is.
  4. Tigerfox 360

Tigerfox 360 New Member

yep i hear that.. buuuuut that's not uberEnt's fault, :)
  5. Datarogue

Datarogue New Member

Not entirely but, they did sign with Microsoft. I just wanna know why, and if there's a chance for this to come out on something else.
  6. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Read some of the other threads on PC. My crystal ball is cracked but you might find out some info to make you happy.
  7. Datarogue

Datarogue New Member

8. drunkdriver23

drunkdriver23 New Member

actually you can buy 4000 point cards
  9. Briq

Briq New Member

I believe you misread his post because that has nothing to do with what he said.