What's with this single player?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by mashomatic, May 23, 2014.

1. mashomatic

mashomatic New Member

I must be confused. I'm an original kickstarter backer but downloaded for the first time for the single player mission. I flew to Agint-A to start a fight but there is no one there to fight and now I can't work out how to leave. Should I just wait until the game is finished and stop wasting my time on it for now or am I missing something?
  2. Kola2

Kola2 Member

There probably are some to fight, you just have to scout them.
  3. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

Also remember that this game is still in development so you may encounter AI bugs and such. Since galactic war was just released I expect it to be fairly unstable and lacking many features which will be present in the final release.
    JesterOC likes this.
  4. mashomatic

mashomatic New Member

well the system had a red circle so I thought there would be but now I can't work out how to even leave the system.
  5. mashomatic

mashomatic New Member

I know but I'm getting a bit sick of everything always being in beta. If you release something, can't it just work? This new module has been released hasn't it? Is it in beta? Shouldn't it work?
    I know, I know, I'm not being very tolerant. I'll come back when it's finished and not bother for now. There are plenty of other games when I have 2 hours free on a Friday night.
  6. Dementiurge

Dementiurge Post Master General

If you click on the red system, there should be a 'FIGHT' button under it that you can click. Hopefully the system isn't on the bottom of the screen...
  7. mashomatic

mashomatic New Member

Yep, did that built stuff up the whazoo. But couldn't find anything to fight. was so sad. was itching for a scrap!
  8. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

You must not understand how being a part of a beta means, they don't test it to make sure it works super fine, that's our job. Alphas, betas, and now gammas are all to test the game out before release- we are the guinea pigs... We tell them what's wrong with what, Rome wasn't built in a day mind you.
    thepastmaster, corteks and Nicb1 like this.
  9. mashomatic

mashomatic New Member

OK, my apologies, had been holding off waiting for the single player, watching all the vids and was excited. Then really disappointed when it didn't work for me. oh well will be back in a few months!
  10. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Don't worry about it, I understand. Sorry if I came off a little snarky or anything, not my intention! :D
  11. ohhhshiny

ohhhshiny Active Member

I had no problems - make sure the enemy isnt on other planets too.
  12. BradNicholson

BradNicholson Uber Employee Uber Alumni

Weird! I'll relay this to the team. If you've restarted the campaign, did the same thing happen?
  13. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

You're doing something wrong. I haven't encountered any issues.

Sometimes there's no enemy at the system (which is probably what's happening). So you explore it, download or disgard the tech, and then move onto the next system.
  14. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

I think what he is saying is that he entered into the system to fight, but he couldn't find the AI in that system.

Still an odd bug that I haven't seen before.
  15. brianpurkiss

If that is the case, he's quite possibly the only one to encounter it. Restart, play.
  16. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

Are you aware of the not being able to build naval regardless as to whether you have the required tech? (Unless you need Arty tech as well :eek: )
    stuart98 likes this.
  17. brianpurkiss

Yeah. That's a pretty big one. There's a thread about this over on the gamma issues/bugs subforum.

https://forums.uberent.com/threads/complete-naval-tech-doesnt-give-access-to-naval.59758/
  18. spazzdla

spazzdla Active Member

whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa... they added a campaign...?!?!?!
  19. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

well, not a traditional campaign, but essentially yes.

your a day behind, better get going :)
  20. Pinworm

Pinworm Active Member

Did you scout both the entire planet and any other planets? I feel like the AI was on another planet or in the sea or something.