Commander Prices: Too much?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by tehtrekd, May 23, 2014.

1. bradaz85

bradaz85 Active Member

$4.99 steam will convert to £3.99.
  2. superouman

superouman Post Master General

People are buying LoL skins in large quantities and very high cost.

The commander prices are peanuts.
    FSN1977 likes this.
  3. Neumeusis

Neumeusis Active Member

Ho come one. Again ? Seriously ?
    You think that Uber just give PA for free or what ?
    The money for patching comes from the sells of the game.
    And they are selling it. Quite nicely actually.

They got a good product that give them some nice incomes, and they invest the money to make the game better.
    This is how things should work.
    And not with overpriced skins (and i really hope you do not count on the sells of the Commanders to get patches, because if it is, you won't get many of them...).
  4. Neumeusis

Neumeusis Active Member

Does not mean it is correct...
  5. Trisdino

Trisdino New Member

That just does not matter. Do not tell me that devs cannot justify selling a new model for less, because that is just wrong. Not only are these models fairly undetailed(compared to other games), but they are presumably going to be sold on bulk. Either you are able to justify selling them at a decent price, or you do not sell them, skins are not elusive luxury items, they are skins.
  6. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

This is precisely why I said you don't understand economics. I'm out.
  7. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

And take a guess at how much LOL costs.
    Thats right its free. Its an f2p game.
    Ah I forgot that PA isn't f2p and that its a retail game at $50 in aus atm.
    eroticburrito likes this.
  8. phantomtom

phantomtom Active Member

Maybe they like money? give em money then they will give u something really undone back!
    after playing the new update im nomore playing PA! I dont know how much time they have left but it sure feels like this game is never gona be out for another year.
    Sry uber, u lost 1 fan! This is bad!
  9. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

I find the outcry at all this a little baffling tbh. Commanders are this games saleable item (besides the game itself). Personally I quite like the option provided it doesn't become mandatory to play well, although I agree the price could stand to come down a bit.

Then there are comments about how this is somehow against the 'Kickstarter'? The thing's that were promised during the KS campaign have largley been achieved (and other's are still WIP). We may have to wait until after 1.0 release for some of the more complex features but that's fine as well.

The big one from KS was that the game will be DRM free- meaning you can play a full lan game with only 1 copy. I personally think Uber have stuck to their word so far so I have no doubt this will be the case at 1.0 release, and I think this is a much bigger deal than them offering a few assets to gain a bit of extra revenue (from those who want it).
    lokiCML, squishypon3 and cptconundrum like this.
  10. Trisdino

Trisdino New Member

nobody is complaining that they are being sold, this you would have known had you read the threads title. It is the price that's wrong.
  11. dynamicecho

dynamicecho New Member

I agree that it should, but when I purchased a commander that didn't happen, and it took £4.99. It's only £1 so I don't care too much but it definitely did take £5 (I just double-checked).
  12. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

I have read the threads title, and every post in this thread, and all the posts in the other Galactic war thread. There are plenty of people who are unhappy about the fact that there are items to purchase from within the game so I feel my comment is fair and valid.
  13. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

cwarner7264 and cdrkf like this.
  14. Gorbles

So F2P games are the only ones that are allowed to have DLC?

Yes, microtransactions are DLC.
  15. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

Not in my opinion.
    I see microtransactions as purchasing a single unit/character or skin. I see DLC as being closer to a pack of units or an expansion.

If they must sell microtransactions to us (even though i am mainly against it) I do not want to see single models/textures for over $5.
    TheLambaster likes this.
  16. bradaz85

bradaz85 Active Member

Strange. I was charged £3.99 for a com lastnight, that went for $4.99 in the uber store. Only one I'm buying.
  17. bradaz85

bradaz85 Active Member

I also just tried to buy the "SpiderOfMean" that goes for $10, Steam converted that to £6.99. Dunno what's wrong on your end.
  18. Gorbles

It's a good thing your opinion isn't the dictionary definition, eh?

DLC stands for Downloadable Content. Paid, free, small, large. It covers all of it.

Why do you think $5 is an accurate price for something backers spent $1000 or something daft in order to make with Uber?
  19. bradaz85

bradaz85 Active Member

:( I just noticed, it wants me to purchase the "ShadowDaemon" again.. Are these purchases valid for 24 hours only??
  20. TheLambaster

TheLambaster Active Member

I wouldn't mind anymore if I needn't see it. If there was an option in the settings "hide purchasable items" it'd be fine with me then. Micro transactions make every game feel cheap and dirty. I don't want to see dirty micro transactions in my game. Especially ones that are so laughably over priced as the coms.

I'd still think the prices to be ridiculous though...

Semantics-Nazi much? The meaning of the term nicb1 describes is the common understanding of it.
    Last edited: May 23, 2014