palauncher.exe crashing while downloading packages

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by rmaynard, May 23, 2014.

1. rmaynard

rmaynard New Member

Hi, I made a search for launcher crashes but obviously a lot of false positives. I'm trying to pull down the latest build, with Galactic War. I have no mods, no bells and whistles. The total download size is 713MB, and it has downloaded 31 out of 34 packages. When I start it up it begins package 32, and gets to 650MB and then palauncher stalls and crashes. Then it starts package 32 over again when I relaunch. Package 32 seems to be about 350MB in size at least.

I guess my question is, is there an alternative source to get the packages from? Because I can't play the game anymore if it keeps crashing pulling down this build. :(
  2. rmaynard

rmaynard New Member

Uh.. I would like to retract my post. >_>

#embarrassed it's fine now..
  3. soliderfighter

soliderfighter Member

I really have no idea, but I think the same happened to me when I used that luncher (once) but I don't remember how I fixed it :(

I'd say run it through steam if you have steam, because then it doesn't crash as the lunched do :)

Yeah, people don't like these posts because there are many places you can find this information :) though the better the discription is the more response (I assume)
  4. mredge73

mredge73 Active Member

Mine crashed 3-4 times, but eventually worked.
    Exactly the same as the OP has described it.