Galactic War Build: 66567

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, May 22, 2014.

1. n00n

n00n Active Member

You invade planets that have nothing prebuilt (or do I need to play for longer, is there even multi planet starts)? Against AI that still can't handle comm boxing. There'd have to be a unlockable commander or something to get me to play through it.

Hopefully it's more useful to new users just starting out. I have suggested to a friend that had trouble getting into the game to give it a try..
  2. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I got a new patch.

Also, I dislike t2 getting all of t1's build option :p Just an opinion, if it doesn't go my way I will accept that, not the end of the world.

To be specific, I always liked t2 fabbers being able to build their own t1 factory class and pretty much no other t1 build options, to encourage establishing t1 as well, because t1 factories are obsolete if they don't hold t1 unit monopoly, and t1 fabbers are obsolete if they don't hold t1 structure monopoly, they become a stepping stone. They don't need to be better or worse, t2 can be an upgrade, but t1 has to do something fairly standard and necesary.

In all fairness, t2 being able to build t1 factory creates a path to achieve reverse teching at least, without granting reverse tech to the t2 fabber himself. That is fairly leneant, the t2 fabber to be completely specialized would not be able to reverse tech, but that is a wee bit harsh, if you are able to have the time to reverse tech then its nice to be able to, but not needing to reverse tech because t2 tech is all tech is entirely different.
    Last edited: May 23, 2014
  3. vorell255

vorell255 Active Member

What was the hot patch thing?
  4. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

When we hot patch, I always update the notes in the current thread. Just re-read them. :)
  5. wondible

wondible Post Master General

I appreciate you are innovating on the icons, but I find the black borders harder to see, since planets are predominately dark. (maybe I should try an ice planet, but I don't recall difficulty with white icons before)

Nice work on the chronocam, but I really miss ludicrous speed. It was probably rare to take it above four or five clicks, but it was nice be able to go as far as I wanted.
    mishtakashi and n00n like this.
  6. Nullimus

Nullimus Well-Known Member

Make sure you have uninstalled all mods.
  7. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

Bitching Betty's gotta bitch abou something :p
    Last edited: May 23, 2014
    stuart98 likes this.
  8. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

They should at least be mentioned in these threads so you guys dont get a stack of useless mod related bug reports. Aa for fixing them or why they cause issues that is indeed a discussion for another thread.
  9. aevs

aevs Post Master General

I'm getting some really bad UI lag, which makes giving units orders very difficult :confused:
    Any chance this may be fixed soon?
  10. OathAlliance

OathAlliance Well-Known Member

I've got a new bug. In starting a new Galactic War(v. 66516) whenever I gain my first technology the bottom bar cut's down to showing nothing and says it's full(even though it's not).

No mods running.
  11. davedontmind

davedontmind Member

Loving the new build in general, but I had a problem where I'd give a bunch of fabbers (if I recall correctly it was my commander + vehicle fabber + combat fabber bot) an order to build a line of energy plants, and they all just sat there doing nothing. I could see the white wireframe previews, but nothing was built. I then selected the units again, gave a different build order, and they still sat there twiddling their robotic thumb-equivalents. If I recall correctly I had this problem several times.

And on an unrelated note; you're probably still aware of this, but just in case it slipped off the list, there are units (e.g. grenadiers, bomb bots) still missing icons.

Also, the chronocam update is awesome!
  12. kayonsmit101

kayonsmit101 Active Member

I too am loving this build! But unfortunately experience the same issues with com + fab nit actually building the qued up build. Also missing icons for the inferno sometimes and sometimes the unit icons don't show up on the factories still. But seriously awesome times are being had :)
  13. glinkot

glinkot Active Member

Glad to hear some people are enjoying the build. My experience was:

1) WOW! Finally the moment has arrived!
    2) Start galactic war, click on first planet. Click 'fight'
    3) Screen says 'failed. returning to main menu'
    4) repeat 3 several times, until it doesn't return anywhere and I have to ctrl-alt-delete.

And I guess 5) will be awaiting the next build!
  14. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Are all your mods turned off? Turn off mods and try again.
  15. Planktum

Planktum Post Master General

Please fix PALauncher!!!! Why does it use so much GPU??? It's a little overkill.
  16. superouman

superouman Post Master General

I can't change my graphics settings. Pressing "save changes" doesn't save them. It kind of worked with audio settings
    I am stuck with uber graphics.

Even when I set master volume to 0, the music plays very loudly.

Ingame, after i unsuccesfully changed my graphics and audio settings, I had two musics playing at the same time.
  17. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Known issue of all the settings manager mod, which is used by a lot of other mods.
  18. superouman

superouman Post Master General

Ah okay, thanks.
  19. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Dear everyone. Feature not working after a patch? TURN OFF YOUR MODS!
  20. davedontmind

davedontmind Member

And if that doesn't help, before assuming it's a bug try deleting (or moving aside) C:\Users\<YourName>\AppData\Local\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\ (which is where PA's settings are saved on Win7). I've had a couple of odd problems solved by removing that folder. Just beware this will reset PA's settings to default, and remove your installed mods.