Over 9000 or Uber Streak?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Oscar, January 31, 2011.

1. Oscar

Oscar New Member

What should I use :D
  2. Caliostro

Caliostro New Member

Whichever you prefer?

Since I just unlocked my last unlockable character, I'm going with humiliation as soon as I get the money needed.
  3. Shmyea

Shmyea New Member

I'd wear something that relates to your favourite class or favourite ability or something... before long everyone will have >9000..
    Last edited: January 31, 2011
  4. Deto

Deto New Member

hehe i would say uber streak!

over 9000 is easy if you just join a server with matches with half an hour of time and 2 min overtime. and uberstreak you need to kill people for so that is harder and the one i use ATM :D (tho over 9000 i just got today and i already had 6 uber streaks but i feel like uber streak needs more skill then over 9000)

so that is why I prefer uber > 9000
  5. grimbar

grimbar New Member

Wear something with style, like "Heck Yeah!"
  6. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

Change your Steam name to "Less QQ, More", and use the PEW PEW ProTag.
  7. Diablohead

Diablohead New Member

doesn't matter since my game is bugged somehow and I can't see other players protags :p :(
  8. Oscar

Oscar New Member

btw. what do you think?
    I've got it as support ,in 1 match,both of them. (third time playing support)
  9. Qtie

Qtie New Member

uber streak or over 9000 is just for people who brag and say ''look, mom! im so good at this game''. personally i like to wear something with style.
    previously i wore Miss Isle since i play assasin alot (955 of the time). now i have tiki styled when i noticed that :D
  10. Qtie

Qtie New Member

what do you want? a plate of cookies and a tap on the head?
  11. Mail

Mail New Member

I like to wear "In the front door" and "From a long way away" just because they mesh with my name. I also wear nimby sometimes, for unknown reasons.
  12. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

People have to realize this is not impressive at all compared the 360 version. 1 hour match length servers exists.
  13. Traitorr

Traitorr New Member

"Super weapon" all day, every day.
  14. MikeyTWolf

MikeyTWolf New Member

Until 1 hour game servers change turret costs/health and moneyball health/shield regen this is a moot point.

For example, I went sniper on Steel Peel for a 20 minute game, and finally managed to get Uber Streak AND HAVE IT STAY UNLOCKED by going something like 45-2. There were still 10 minutes to go so I went for the 9k mark while I was there, but my god I swear, it's like whenever I reach the 7k mark my retarded team suddenly decides that NOW is the time to stop faffing about and steam roll for the win, denying me 9k by only $500. And we still had about 4 minutes left on the clock.

Until these retarded moments can be delayed with changeable turret/moneyball stats I feel like as if these random pubbers will conspire against me just to stop me reaching that one damn achievement. :(
  15. Caliostro

Caliostro New Member

How is it irrelevant again?

You have the opportunity to play way more than the default 15 minutes setup... Several times more, depending on the server.

Getting Over 9000 on a 15 minutes server has NOTHING to do with getting Over 9000 on a one hour server. Every minute that drags on past the 15 minutes mark is one more minute you have to get money. You can only say it was irrelevant IF you get past the 9k mark within the first 15 minutes of game. Then it was irrelevant.
  16. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

i like the wear the HAX protags, it just makes people think you are hacking even more.....so funny, that or any of the 2500 kill protags because i see them as a goal and if i get them, my goal is done :)
  17. Shurryy

Shurryy New Member

I'm wearing the career tag "The Favourite Child" since I love my mom. :D
    And dad. :3
  18. MikeyTWolf

MikeyTWolf New Member

Probably the bit where you just skipped right over the fact that not EVERY game goes straight to OT, and what's even worse is that if teams were balanced before the end of a map, and you inevitably join mid-map, then people will be more likely to be tired/bored/finished with playing on that hour long server and leave, causing a large imbalance (usually because they're still leaving when the teams have been sorted) that could easily result in a roflstomp due to less bad team members to block the lanes with their thick skulls, enabling solo or duo good players to stomp.

In other words, 20 minutes is actually sometimes more likely to get you 9000 than 1 hour, but there's never any gurantee with fail sins agogo and juice rushes that it'll even last 10 minutes.
  19. Oscar

Oscar New Member

:DDD
  20. Caliostro

Caliostro New Member

I didn't skip anything, you skipped the part about how it's only irrelevant if the game ends in the first 15 minutes. If it doesn't, any minute the game drags on is another minute you have to collect cash. So even if your 1 hour match ends in a complete curb stomp at 37 minutes, it's still 22 more minutes than you would have playing a 15 minutes game, which would have inevitably ended already.