1. srog

srog New Member

When will there be a patch to rid the game of aimbot usage? It wasn't hard for me to find the website distributing the aimbot, so I can only assume it is going to get worse. I was happily addicted to this game till a player blatantly used an aimbot. Now I'll give the game a miss until there are at least some basic measures to spec record players so they can be banned from individual servers.
  2. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Erm, server admins can ban aimbot users and Uber is working on additional features to help them. The community has to report them atm. A Steam ID and some sort of proof would be helpful. I recommend to get Fraps. Make a short video of what happened (the free version is limited to 30 second clips) and link it here.

However, please keep in mind that there are a bunch of very good players who can easily get 40+ kills without cheating.
  3. Diablohead

Diablohead New Member

I bumped into two aimbotters yesterday alone, one was playing sniper and not hiding the fact he could headshot instantly on everything, the 2nd guy was a support so his shotgun never missed up close, he was devastating because of 100% hit rate and would just run in and shotgun us all lol.

Thing is with the sniper player he was so obvious I left, but no one else cared, all new players most likely not realising what was going on.
  4. srog

srog New Member

Okay thanks for the tip, but without being able to spec the player fraps has limited utility for catching more subtle and smart cheaters. Hopefully a fix happens soon.

And...I can appreciate that there are very skilful players, but no amount of skill can allow you to constantly head shot a team of cloaked dashing assassins from the other side of the map as they run out of spawn. This person racked up 20 head shots in little more than a minute. It was absurd.
  5. Col_Jessep

Yeah, that sounds like a cheater.

The good thing with Fraps is that it allows you to take screenshots too and only has a memory footprint of 0.5mb. I always have it running in the background now to record bugs or memorable moments. So when I need it it's only one button away.

Hopefully Uber can catch the aimbotters.
  6. [fox]

[fox] New Member

lol I hope the admins have good judgment when looking over cheater reviews

A lot of people say I cheat, and I figured I might as well troll them by using the Support's "Hacker" ProTag

I usually hit cloaked Assassins because they flicker when they start to cloak and I usually aim ahead judging from the distance because most of them just spam dash. I also tend to spawn camp if everyone ignores me when I'm sitting right at their entrances :|
  7. velo

velo New Member

Some admins don't seem to care much for this "proof" concept. I'm already banned on at least one of the ShackWest servers :(
  8. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

9. tron

tron New Member

they'll never fix it so they can't use aimbots. valve/steam hasn't fixed them for counterstrike and tf2. if they can't, guess what?

people make money from hacks. companies don't care if you hack as long as you
    bought the game and bring your friends.

they might want to look into punkbuster, it's about the closest you can get to
    hackfree.

watch out for the wall hackers and speeds hackers soon. every game gets them.
  10. grimbar

grimbar New Member

Yeah, the only issue with punkbuster is that it sucks.
  11. tron

tron New Member

seems to work fine for bf bc2 and medal of honor uses it to i think.
  12. Col_Jessep

Well, that sucks! I think we played a match a few days ago. Match with Scathis on LazeRazor, you were playing Assault? Damn good match and you play an awesome Assault! I'm sorry to hear they banned you on a Server.
  13. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

Punk Buster sucks less than VAC.

At least PB kicks and bans within a few minutes. VAC is impotent. Do you really want to let someone grief several hundred people for a fortnight before it finally rolls around to doing some work?
  14. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

I kinda agree. I hardly noticed many cheaters in quakeiii or cod4 using punkbuster. Can't remember much else using punkbuster, but it does work pretty well.

VAC just takes too long it seems.
  15. Helter Skelter

Helter Skelter New Member

That's not why you were banned, I've played with you on other servers and I know you're not cheating. You are, however, such a retardedly good Assault that it just sucks the fun out of the game since nobody else can do anything about it.

Every game I've played with you, half the opposing team has quit before the end of the match out of frustration. I respect your skill, but I simply don't want that happening in my servers.
  16. velo

velo New Member

Well... I guess being banned for that is preferable to being falsely labeled a cheater. Hopefully you'll reconsider as the average player skill level gradually increases.

Yep, good game. It was a close one as I recall.
    I was getting super lucky with the headcrabs on Scathis that game.. I think I got him 4 or 5 times :p
    You guys ended up winning that one.
  17. Diablohead

Diablohead New Member

wow, just wow.
  18. grimbar

grimbar New Member

I have the slight feeling I should play Sniper on ShackWest some time.
  19. zerolimits

zerolimits New Member

LOL @ this. You don't get better playing against average players. I don't think I have ever heard of a server admin banning someone because they are too good. I mean FFS, those are the people you want to play with or against, because either way you are liable to learn something...
  20. Helter Skelter

Helter Skelter New Member

That is the plan, actually.