New Anchor model?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by siefer101, May 21, 2014.

1. siefer101

siefer101 Active Member

With the change in the anchor, which I, notice i said I.

find to be much better...

Not as an op fire rate and damge.. with probabilty of missing.. stationary...

Is it bad to assume that a new or updated art model will be released soon?
  2. eroticburrito

eroticburrito Post Master General

It might be cool if the laser guns were a bit more visible. Currently Anchors look a lot like life-rings/preservers to me.
    brianpurkiss likes this.
  3. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Agreed.

A slight update may be in order because it can fire at the ground now, but I still like the general concept.
    eroticburrito likes this.
  4. popededi

popededi Well-Known Member

I think a bit of a revision to the current idea would do the job quite well. Maybe the current set of guns could work as the anti-ground and air guns, and they could have an additional weapon in the middle/top for anti-orbital. Missile launchers anyone?
  5. optimi

optimi Well-Known Member

Throwing something out here, but they're called Anchors. What if they were literally anchored to the ground, space elevator style? They could be built as per usual, but on completion a chain would fall out and embed itself into the ground. This could explain why they can't move. Perhaps ground units could destroy the chain to kill the Anchor?
  6. BulletsFrozen

BulletsFrozen Active Member

I think as soon as the chain would be implemented, that anchor would just dissolve. I mean I like how if done right, you can be very sneaky with orbital but chains would just give them away. I think umbrellas having a large use is important. I mean ground all units being able to attack anchors seems silly to me. :) Just my 2 cents
  7. eroticburrito

eroticburrito Post Master General

It does look pretty cool if you can manage to get a good angle on it, but as we've got a birds-eye view anything strapped to the bottom of something isn't going to be appreciated much lol.
    Last edited: May 21, 2014
    brianpurkiss likes this.
  8. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

they are...

play PTE. i think even stable has them as immobile by now
  9. optimi

optimi Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's the point :p
    The idea was to show that they are immobile by having them physically anchor themselves to a point on the ground.
  10. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

the thing is physically that's crazy talk. It's suuuuuuper easy to get a geosynchronous orbit, neeeeeeeeeeeear impossible to attach something in space to the ground and hope for it to stay in orbit.

think of all the weight that chain would represent, maybe hundred thousand times more than the anchor. in that case it impossible even with engines blasting out at full not to fall back down to the ground surface.
  11. doctoraxel

doctoraxel Active Member

But... but... but... spaaaaaaace elevator!! :p

I kinda like the idea too. There's plenty of other ridiculous engineering going on in PE already.

Ignore my signature I am not even slightly biased and don't know what you're talking about