Computer Hardlocks

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by WantstoWhine, January 10, 2011.

1. ums

ums New Member

Almost wishing I had an ATI card for once. :/ Grats to you guys for having a workaround. I'm still locked up.
  2. neg

neg New Member

sadly downgrading to 10.8 isnt an option for me having a 6870 on xp ;|
    half tempted to try get a refund if it looks like im not going to be able to play at all in the foreseeable future

ps ums you might find contacting manuelg on the nvidia forums may yield some information/atleast let them know about the issue(barring that opening a support ticket about driver related issues usually gets a reply in 2-3days) just incase you havent tried that yet.. if you are positive its nvidia driver related in nature
  3. emelius

emelius New Member

I also have an HD5770, with an AMD 64-bit machine and up to date catalyst drivers. Mine ALSO freezes 5-15 minutes, and i have to physically reset it...

fix???
  4. neg

neg New Member

if you bothered to read the thread the fix is to downgrade to 10.8 catas...
  5. emelius

emelius New Member

I read three pages, just saw the fix :s
  6. neg

neg New Member

just be glad you can actually downgrade to fix the issue, theres only two revisions of drivers on xp that support 68** series cards so i cant even play ;o
  7. Dullsaw

Dullsaw New Member

I have same problem, but fixed by driver rollback :D
    but some particles are bugged, a tons of black square are seen.

and I experienced the same problem in other UE3 game.
    Perhaps, I think that there is a problem in UE3 and Catalyst.
  8. R234

R234 New Member

If it is any help, I experimented with different driver versions, and I can run the game fine on drivers up to 10.10, any higher causes the lockups to occur. I have: Radeon HD 4850, Win XP SP3 32 bits, AMD Athlon 64 X2.
  9. g0dFather

g0dFather New Member

I second this. I tried every Catalyst version on my son's machine from 10.4 to 11.1. 10.10 and older work fine, 10.11 and newer crash.
    P4 3.4GHz H/T, 2GB DDR400, HD3850 AGP 512MB, Abit IS7-E mobo

I will also say that Catalyst 10.5 and newer now require .dll tweaking to get old Quake 3 engine games to work, and 10.12-11.1 are now crashing LEGO Batman and LEGO Indiana Jones with a ati3duag.dll BSOD. I'm starting to lose faith in ATI. :(
  10. some11

some11 New Member

is there going to be any fixes??? my gpu's wont support older drivers....
  11. neg

neg New Member

yeah i need to know if i need to bother trying to get a refund, because like many others havent been able to play the game at all since i bought it like 3weeks ago
  12. some11

some11 New Member

tryed new patch same problem still.....
    need a fix pls.....
  13. some11

some11 New Member

ya well unless they are going to buy the nvidia equivelant of 2x6850s and get them to run 30 degrees c cooler i would rather my money back then this headache.
    have wasted alot of time trying to play the game and basically seen no support on forums for my issues :(
  14. neg

neg New Member

they have said they are in contact with ATI about the issue, but that was roughly 2weeks ago with no new info since atleast none that ive seen
  15. g0dFather

g0dFather New Member

We have five machines in the house; two have ATI, three have NVIDIA. The ATI drivers have been crap lately. It's like the next update fixes one issue but causes five more. Meanwhile, the NVIDIA machines work great.

My point is that this is not the only game affected. Considering how many other games are not running properly on my ATI machines, I'm blaming ATI and not Uber Entertainment.

Just my $.02
  16. some11

some11 New Member

really ? which other games u have problems with?
    only game i have a slight issuse with apart from MNC is Natural Selections 2 with a lighting issuse. But NS2 is still in beta so that dont really count.
    I even play some games while running another monitor with vlc playing a movie works fine.
  17. g0dFather

g0dFather New Member

The two machines have a HD3850 512MB AGP and a HD4870 512MB PCIe. Older games that run on the Quake 3 engine stopped working on 10.5+ and now require .dll tweaking. Star Wars Battlefront II freezes during gameplay. And while those are older games, newer titles such as LEGO Batman and LEGO Indiana Jones now BSOD on 10.12+ with a ati3duag.dll error. Now there's MNC, and who knows what other titles I haven't discovered yet.

The other three machines with NVIDIA videocards still play all of those games with no issues. I can't help but attribute it to ATI's drivers.
  18. unfun

unfun New Member

My PC will hard freeze after about 1 minute after connecting to MP server or when I start a SP game. Happened about 5 times in a row before posting. Have to reset PC, alt+tab, etc ... does not respond.

Logs and dxdiag attached.

Attached Files:

19. neg

neg New Member

20. neg

neg New Member

just wondering if anyone has had any success with the 11.2's that just came out the other day?