30 min trial like on xbox

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Wishlist' started by ImOnTheRadio, January 30, 2011.

1. ImOnTheRadio

ImOnTheRadio New Member

Hey, I have this game on xbox and I'm thinking fo getting this but I'm not completely sure because I haven't got a chance to try it. A trial would be nice :D
  2. Lord Wadsworth

Lord Wadsworth New Member

If you have it on the xbox, it's exactly the same.
  3. grimbar

grimbar New Member

Isn't, there have been numerous changes and the metagame is quite different.
  4. Lord Wadsworth

Lord Wadsworth New Member

Same general concept, the game didn't magically become something completely different. And if you say it's different, explain the differences to the man and not just say I'm wrong.
  5. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

people play better since you can use something other than a controller, there are more bots so players focus on objective more, and more spawnroom-exits for less spawncamping.

if you want a cool ringtone, get this game for steam and pull some files for a ringtone. you can mod this game for fun too, make some interesting things to go in the game.

the server system is universally more acceptable on steam, with different servers and rules all on the same page, rather than only pubs that the xbox randomly finds for you unless you go through some hard work finding players for privates.

its sometimes better on xbox360, since its more plug-and-play. but me and others have gotten it for both, its good on both, id get it just for the lulz if i were you. its only 15$

also the mic system is generally worse for steam. thats a good thing cuz you dont hafta hear anyone you really dont want to hear, but a bad thing cuz you hafta put forth some effort to communicate with other players, usually inviting them to a steam chat if you wana play together and communicate.
  6. Jraw20

Jraw20 New Member

I want a trial of it just to see how it will be on my computer. If it doesn't lag or freak out my computer, I would get it. But I don't want to spend 15 bucks on something I wont be able to play due to crippling lag.
  7. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

Yeah, a free trial would be great

30 minutes is ridiculously short though. I have a feeling the 360 one was like that due to Microsoft restrictions. Something like a 3 day trial would be more appropriate, especially for a PC game that requires some configuration
  8. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

I have a one day free trial for MNC, I assume that either everyone got one or at least everyone that bought during the beta period. I'm already giving mine to a buddy, but I'm sure there are plenty of people who would be willing to give out theirs if you ask around.
  9. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

How would I know if I had one?
  10. The Noid

The Noid New Member

In your game library in Steam, I know with the view set to detail (game list on left, info in window on right), it will show that you can gift a trial to a friend in the upper-right of that game info window.

I also think a 1 day trial would be just about right. Definitely should be longer than 30 minutes, but I think 24 hours would be enough to give you a good taste of the game.

With a 30 minute limit, it would be pretty easy for someone's first couple of rounds to go very badly and not give them a good feel for the game.
  11. ImOnTheRadio

ImOnTheRadio New Member

If someone is willing to give a 1 day trial, please PM me on these forums :D
  12. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

You can have mine. Check your PMs.