-=Turn off Planet Rendering setting suggestion=-

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by nuketf, May 14, 2014.

?

should Uber add this?

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    62.5%
  1. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

so ya..in settings you can turn off planet Rendering (does not include water and lava) for low level computers (it seems systems loaded faster in beta o_O) so it would load just the planets trees water but no terrain detail at all just a black planet every planet cause no detail at all!
  2. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Your system specs are hugely outdated though... Maybe consider upgrading...? (Also I'd suggest you play on moons/Ice planets as they have the least brushes and play the best.. :D
  3. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

He does have a point though and this is something only us, low end users feel. The time it gets to render the planets has practically trippled or quadrupled since beta. Planets also seem to take twice or three times as much memory as in beta. (Believe it or not but I used to be able to play on 8planet systems with planets of all types ranging from 100-1200 radius. The preloading time was 5-15 minutes but ince that was done the game run similarly as it did on smaller systems. It was very playable.) This is likely the result of graphical improvements, but IMHO the minimum requirements shouldn't have changed and we should have the option to turn them off.
  4. carlorizzante

carlorizzante Post Master General

Respect for even trying to play PA on such a veteran machine!

At the same time, respect to the Devs for making it possible.
  5. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Well I don't exactly have the best machine either, intel HD 3000 graphics, i3 2.3Ghz quad and 4 gigs of RAM but I can still play it on Uber graphics settings on single planet systems or planet and a moon. I prefer to avoid multiple planets be a use 1: they're broken, and 2: slideshow.
  6. someonewhoisnobody

someonewhoisnobody Well-Known Member

I think this would be an awesome. I just upgraded my comp a ton for PA, so I wouldn't use the feature. But I get other peoples pain :)

PS: With my old graphics card this would happen as a bug. Where only the trees, Mex and units would show.
  7. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

thats my point! i once created a system in beta with 13 planets all huge but one that broke the astrues pathing :p but ya...i want to play on a system of earth planets max size see the trees and water ways

upgraiding...need money! something i do not have :/ and right now the planet that takes less then a minet to Render is the Gird class planet (i created a 3v2v1v2 match remade the Sol system with the Grid planets killed 3 commanders on my planet then it crashed for no reasion ARG!!!! but anyways the Grid plants load relly fast why not have it where instade of rendering the terrain is shows the planets Grid?)
  8. carlorizzante

carlorizzante Post Master General

You guys surely mean something like this :p

Battlezone1.jpg
    creative_computer_graphics_4.jpg
    cptconundrum, Remy561 and squishypon3 like this.
  9. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

no we mean like how the planet looks without rendering the terrain
  10. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

uber respawn with your thoughts!
  11. metabolical

metabolical Uber Alumni

I don't want to respawn because I think I have to die first.
  12. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

funny :p but relly...could this be possable to do?
  13. blackeagle11

blackeagle11 New Member

Man if that's what the turn-off-rendering option would do, I might play like that anyway.
    :p
    carlorizzante likes this.
  14. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

ok so..thsi is what planet rendering off should look like..NOTE evey thing inside the red stuff is what it would look like

[​IMG]

just thought of something..could a client-side MOD do this?
  15. Gerfand

Gerfand Active Member

wait how do you use XP? (JK)
  16. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

i don't get it :/
  17. paulusss

paulusss Active Member

Maybe i'm dead wrong, isn't Uber still building the render engine for this kind of things?
  18. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

It wouldn't be worth Uber's time to heavily optimise a video game for computers that aren't designed for playing video games.
    stuart98 likes this.
  19. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

is it relly that hard to add in "turn off rendering" in setting section?
  20. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

i also think it would bring more players into PA players that have less then 4GB of ram wil beable to play huge systems and the planets load fast and not render like shown in the photo