assault charge 3

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by TOM12121112, January 29, 2011.

1. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

most people will agree it is mostly useless, as the grapple does the same damage and locks you into a grapple animation, along with only allowing one target.

how about a damage buff, along with the tank charge?
  2. IPUR3 EVIL

IPUR3 EVIL New Member

Id rather they got rid of the grapple and just had a faster charge regen at lvl 3.

Also, be careful because the troll police are about.
  3. DDM

DDM New Member

I happen to like the charge grapple it does a bit more damage has stupidly good hit detection and it has a very good chance for ring outs which is great for the extra 50 buck and killing juiced players.
    I understand your point and it is often the last thing I upgrade but I do like having the grapple at times. Just my two cents.
  4. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

simple way to make it worth its cost to everyone:

make charge3 do charge2 damage when executed off the ground.

so when an assault does charge3 while jumping/flying, it wont grapple but will do charge2 damage. charge3 damage is a lil better than charge2 damage, and you can still do that when charging on the ground.

i also personally like charge3. this would make it better, but i still get it. and plus, the devs would be erasing a lot of the game by taking out the grapple. protags, crowd-controlling, a lot of the how-to-play and tutorial.
  5. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

6. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

it does a bit more damage
    not true

has stupidly good hit detection
    only on good hosts. has terrible hit detection sometimes

it has a very good chance for ring outs
    not much more than charge 2

killing juiced players.
    you got me there.
  7. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

first, how would it be more OP than tank charge 3. tank charge 3 connecting means your guranteed to die unless the tank has taken pity on your soul.

second, is it really intended to not do full damage in the first place? i dont see how they would weaken a skill upgrade (gunner deploy 3 not keeping same crit chance as deploy 2 gave you?)

third, tom, do you have a list of member's most recent posts saved to your forum page? you seem to immediately lock on to any post a few of us make, and its never a positive comment.
  8. Wandrian Wvlf

Wandrian Wvlf New Member

[/topic]
  9. Private RyanO89

Private RyanO89 New Member

I started a thread about this a while back and i agree i think it should either be a choose for the grabble or just faster reg or damge.
  10. TG x Revival

TG x Revival New Member

When someone charges me with level 3 i think "noob". I'm not sure why but i guess it's down to the fact that not many people kill me with it or atleast position themselves to get a ring out. Another reason is because most assaults go and charge you as soon as they see you and since it wont even one hit another assault without armour i can get away unscathed where as if they just shot me down they would of got a kill.

Upside to level 3 is it's very good for dealing with the juiced players and if you are intelligent enough to position yourself for a ring out kill it's an extra $50 although by the time you get level 3 charge it shouldn't be to much of a big deal.