Can't choose starting positions anymore.

Discussion in 'Support!' started by Biestie, May 14, 2014.

1. Biestie

Biestie Member

I can't play the game anymore, because everytime I start the game, there are no circles where I could spawn my commander. This has sometimes happened in the past builds, but with the latest build it happens nearly all the time.

Attached Files:

2. bradburning

bradburning Active Member

Yeah I am pretty sure I have the exact same issue.

Cant get it to load any units either, so in a 2v2 my team mate is playing while I'm just looking at an empty planet and his eco

I have completely removed mod manager, tried F5 and chrono cam to get the game to load units but is still wont.
  3. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I swore I had this happen to me before too. Look, I had this happen, and I was baffled, tried restart, nothing, so quit.

Well, later, I played an AI game to see if it happened again. Well, it didnt. Well, I went to watch the replay afterwards, and the replay looked like it was "simulating world", the planets were moving, but no units appeared on the planets, and the replay revealed the magic trick to me:

The chronocam would play. However, the units didn't appear. When I closed the chronocam, the game snapped to end and I COULD see the units. For some reason, f5 and everything doesn't fix it, but accessing chronocam, setting it somewhere in middle, and clicking the "X" in the corner to close chronocam out, usually snaps the game back in.

No clue what causes this though. But try my fix and tell me if it works for you. At least then we will know something about it. If it is the same, upvote it in bugtracker below.

https://forums.uberent.com/threads/...ogresses-and-you-can-even-see-eco-bars.59226/

http://pa.lennardf1989.com/Tracker/index.php?do=details&task_id=3408
  4. bradburning

Hmm that was odd at the end of the game I was shown all of the the units
  5. thetrophysystem

For some reason, in my replay, i wasn't shown all units until end of game either, but when I went backwards, I could see units too. It seemed like before though, I could NOT see units. Here is another thing I noticed, I could still see economy bars both ingame and in chronocam, as well as planets spinning, even though no units while. So game was simulating, just not showing units, even in realtime.

If chronocam didn't fix it, it has to do with vision possibly. Could it be it thinks spectator vision is on and you deselected to see either player, or selected to just see the enemies vision (which the game does NOT send you so it would appear as blank as well).

Either way, try to explore a bit with this. If you find anything, make note of it.
  6. Biestie

Biestie Member

What do you exactly mean by closing chrono cam? I closed it by hitting the x and it did nothing.

Right now I am spectating a game of 3 AIs with myself as a spectator, wich is working fine. So the game itself works.
  7. superouman

superouman Post Master General

You have the Cinematic option activated. Disactivate it in the UI options.
    someonewhoisnobody and Biestie like this.
  8. thetrophysystem

Okay, so closing the chronocam did nothing for you. When I started a replay, I could not see my units but the game simulated, could even pause and play it, when I did the planets and ecobars stopped, but paused or not the units wouldn't show up. When I skipped to the end like you did I could see the units and when I rewinded it after that I could see the units. Could it be vision if not chronocam, could the game be trying to show you spectator vision or enemy only vision during the game you are playing? The server prevents you from recieving enemy units, so you would see neither units if the game tried seperating your vision like a spectators. I can't think of anything else to cause that if not chronocam or spectator vision in-game.
    Yes, but does Cinematic show no units whatsoever? We aren't talking icons. We are talking, you don't see start rings and you don't see your commander, when I was 5 minutes into my game with my teammate he had build across half the planet and I couldn't see one single building or unit. Both planets were clear of any units at all. Pressing C doesn't snap you to your commander, it is like he doesn't exist to you, but you see the ecobars in-game fluxuate, like your teammate is building and using economy.
  9. Biestie

Biestie Member

Thanks! This was the problem. :D So once again the consumer was the problem and not the product. :p
  10. superouman

superouman Post Master General

It's a very common mistake. Uber should write a little warning next to this option "Removes the UI on the planet" or something like that.
  11. bradburning

I dont have that option enabled........

hopefully it does not come up agian.
  12. someonewhoisnobody

someonewhoisnobody Well-Known Member

You have no idea how often I go to make a screenshot and then forget to turn that off...