Things that would make PA complete like TA

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by metaphaze, May 4, 2014.

1. metaphaze

metaphaze Member

Format:
    Game:
    1. Feature
    Game2:
    2. Feature missing

TA:
    1. The ability to pause single and multiplayer games (for when real life doesn't care what your doing).
    2. The ability to cancel build orders during queueing. While queueing up build orders you could click on something that you placed incorrectly or decided not to build, even after you'd given all of the orders. To accomplish this all you had to do was select the unit that was going to build the queue and then select the unit you want to unqueue (in the build menu) and click on the unit in the queue that you wanted to un-queue.
    3. Unqueue move, patrol, and other orders.
    4. Guard
    5. Commander dies, game continues

PA:
    1. Pause doesn't exist
    2. The units turn red but you can not unqueue them (at least not in any way i've figured out) so you end up canceling all of the orders you've already given and have to start over, this can be the end of your game (people that didn't mess up will pull ahead of you and game over).
    3. PA doesn't unqueue orders.
    4. PA doesn't have guard orders.
    5. Commander dies game over.

If i think of more (I still play TA to this very day) i'll fill more in.
    PA is an awesome game, kudos to the Team.

Being that this thread filled up with unwanted posts i'll continue to edit this one rather than posting in between comments and people defending the game that is not yet finished.

Found a no win situation, server seems to have aborted the game... "Connection to server was lost"
    My commander was en-route to a planet but all planets were blown up with moons by the ai, only two planetary bodies remained but my target was used to blow up all my units on the planets, my commander then became un-killable by spinning round the sun for 3 rotations, then "connection lost"

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 17, 2014
  2. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

Put this in the correct subforum. There's an entire section for PA
  3. c4ptainpronin

c4ptainpronin Active Member

Well if those are the only things you think are missing, you will probably be very happy with the game at release.
    corruptai, phantomtom and ArchieBuld like this.
  4. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

It depends on what you mean by guard. If you mean guard a structure or area, patrol works just fine. If you mean guarding a unit, having combat units assist them works reasonably well.
  5. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

6. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

I expect all of these will be added at some point. Perhaps not guard, or at least not immediately.

Pause and better UI for manipulating queues etc will come before release though I expect.
  7. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

I also think all these things are planned but have a lower priority atm ;)
  8. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

These are all reasonable additions- I think some of them are already it (please see comments in blue next to yours).

By the way- in relation to adding things into queues, you can with factory queues.

Set a factory to repeat with a set of units queued up (e.g. 2 dox, 1 aa bot is a common queue i use), then you relealise you've lost a fabber you need to replace, hold control and click the fabber and it will add a single 1 off fabber into the queue- once it's made it goes back to the repeat queue.
    lapsedpacifist likes this.
  9. ace902902

ace902902 Active Member

it does? when was that put in?
    thetrophysystem likes this.
  10. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

That's kinda the point of PA.
    Although a gamemode where you need to destroy everything will be put in later.
  11. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Not to mention in TA the default game type had it so it was game over when your comm dies. :l
  12. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Hey! Welcome to the forums.

I'd highly recommend you do a search before posting. Several of your suggestions are already confirmed additions, just not yet added because the game isn't complete.

Neat ideas though. I imagine most or all of them will make it into the game eventually.
  13. metaphaze

metaphaze Member

*shrugs* that may be so, but I never played with that enabled, you want to annihilate my team it's to the last man, my units don't give up just because you killed the commander... what country does?
    not one of them... lame

I'm not growing to like the game the more i play it, instead, i'm losing interest in the game. I play it though. The units are horribly unbalanced and there are more bugs in the ai than TA had it it's AI. The game moves way too slow. The only epic in this game is, epic slowness. Every unit moves like it's got mouse paper stuck to their wheels/feet. They call it a gamma release, well, being a software developer myself i know that's empty jargon used to move a product... the game is beta. I certainly hope it improves, the graphics aren't all that great and it moves like snails.
  14. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Actually I've heard others argue it's still Alpha, the very point of "Gamma" was not a marketing ploy it was to avoid the term beta, too many people expected a finished game because technically "beta" should be feature complete and the bug fixing stage. The ai in PA actually has some difficulty to it, unlike TA, so I don't really understand what you're talking about. In TA the ai loved to make tons of units and never use them. Also, the game too slow for you? I've seen so many say it's too fast! Try a smaller planet 1v1s are not meant to be played on a size 1000 altight? Play a 10 player ffa if you need to. Oh and if it's because of orbital gameplay, I say avoid it. Orbital is still a bit too unfinished for play with more than 2 MAYBE 3 planets. I suggest one planet size 500 - 800 for best gameplay imho.
  15. kalherine

kalherine Active Member

I can tell you how!
    Just making new game ,right now its impossible like the game is....
    Last edited: May 9, 2014
  16. arthursalim

arthursalim Active Member

[​IMG]
    Excuse me? France has some things to say about WW2
    They didnt killed the French president but she surrended soo anyway
    corruptai and squishypon3 like this.
  17. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

you have to look it from that perspective ... the commander isn´t just your first and main unit ... it is pretty much you ... you are part of the army but also THE MAIN GUY
    and if you are killed in battle then that´s it ...
    so no i don´t want to anihilate your team/army ... but you
  18. mredge73

mredge73 Active Member

I like the "total annihilation" game mode, I always played in this mode.
    Commander snipes didn't really matter much unless it was early on since the commander generated resources.
    Hopefully this is added in the future, it is silly that several planets worth of firepower would just quit fighting and auto destruct because of the loss of a single hero unit.
    bodzio97 and metaphaze like this.
  19. Geers

Geers Post Master General

I feel obligated to point out that THIS GAME ISN'T COMPLETE YET.
  20. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

first this is a game and the main game rule is you are a commander ,the commander representing you is on the battlefield
    if you die you can´t give orders and lose ... simple enough

for me the commander has no point in being in a annihilation gamemode