Over 9000!

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Strategy and Tactics' started by Treshy, January 30, 2011.

1. Treshy

Treshy New Member

I have a question: How have you got the over 9000 "achievement" thingy?
    What do u think is the easyest way to get it?
    P.S.: everyone who knows where over 9000 came from: You rock!!
    everyone who does not know it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiMHTK15Pik
  2. grimbar

grimbar New Member

Play a game that lasts 20 minutes, done.
  3. Treshy

Treshy New Member

You know, that thisis not just a bit helpful, don't you?
  4. Lord Wadsworth

Lord Wadsworth New Member

Grimbar isn't helpful, just a showoff.
  5. grimbar

grimbar New Member

In fact it is because games that have a set time-limit of 20 minutes as opposed to the default of 15 are much more likely to exceed a payout of 9000 dollars.
  6. AmazeTheory

AmazeTheory New Member

Basically, he is right^, but didn't explain it well. Get a game over 20 minutes, your teammates must be bad, your enemies must be bad too. Kill every bot you see and kill every pro you see. On my over 9000 game I went 82-7 with the tank on Spunky. I just spawn killed and taunted after every kill, built up 2 uber streaks and killed a damn lot of bots.
    It's pretty much luck, as the other team had 5 assassins and didn't leave the entire game. Stupid, I know.
  7. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

1. Find a server with 20+ minute matches
    2. Be the best player on that server
    3. Don't win too fast
  8. Traitorr

Traitorr New Member

1.Play a normal game to overtime
    2.Get a high killstreak and/or multi-kills for loads of money
    3.Win the round for an additional 1k

What's all this bollocks about 20 minute games?
  9. grimbar

grimbar New Member

20 minutes games make it easier, that is all. I doubt someone who struggles to get the achievement would pull it off on default rules.
  10. OD78891

OD78891 New Member

I got my Over 9000 in a regular game; as an Assault for that matter. The big bucks come from Jackbot and Turret kills, as well as streaks.

If your team fights in the center most of the time, rather than pushing with bots or taking down turrets, then you're in luck.

This is the perfect game to get 9000, your team is too focused on killing rather than taking down the ball.

As for the other team pushing for the money ball, that's what you really need. You don't want to force them to stay in their base, you have to give them room to breathe so you can lure them to their deaths.

Other than that, don't die. Streaks are 100 dollars, so keep an eye on your surroundings and don't get greedy.
  11. Q_Q

Q_Q New Member

My best in a 15min + OT game was a 23 kill streak. I ended up with 27-3-3, my team won and I still only ended up with I think around 6000 maybe 7000. If super suicide mode counts then that would make it significantly easier.
  12. noxiousg

noxiousg New Member

Play on an hour long server. I think there are a few running. You don't even have to do exceptionally well to earn it that way, just kill bots and you'll get there.
  13. bhaal177

bhaal177 Member

I did it a bunch of times on default servers as an assassin. I end up just killing the hell out of bots most of the time, farming jackbots in overtime. Of Course it didn't hurt that I got about 40 kills and maybe 1 death. The assassins never seem to understand if you just slash at the back of a jack bot, it goes down way quicker compared to a grapple. Plus you can run away if there is an immediate threat. I've recieved countless assassin kills just slashing at a grappling assassin, jackbot or otherwise.
  14. Dark_Reaper115

Dark_Reaper115 New Member

I tried 25 minutes servers...
    I found noob teams...
    I was sniper (my best class)
    I had a 19 kill streak. (match ended 29-12-3)
    Match ended in overtime with both money balls with health.

I got only 7,000 (7,237...)

Wut da fuuu-- can I do?!?!?
  15. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Be a better player.
  16. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

I got it yesterday in a long match.
  17. Waddle Waddle

Waddle Waddle New Member

Over 9000 is especially easy now, with the bot kill streak.

Play tank with gold SR, spam your level 3 product bomb all game on the bot spawns.
  18. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

Got mine in a 13 minute game as an Assassin. Basically, since my team did not know that you could kill bots, I did all the bot killing and got some nice bot streaks. I think I ended the game with near 200 bot kills and 15 turrent kills. And then going 20-26-0 didn't hurt either. Also, taunt after every kill, tickle every pro in sight for assists, and make sure you get at least one hit on that Jackbot.
  19. Wintermute

Wintermute New Member

I got sick of trying the 20-25 minute servers and just rocked up to an hour-long server. It took me a few tries to get the o9k, even with constant bot/pro killing. It definitely helps to stick to a class which either can get a lot of bot kills, but is decent at dealing with players, or just use the killtypes which award bonuses (ring out, grapple.)

If you can't get over 9000, try your best at ~8000 and make sure your team wins. Having a good and competent team composition is so crucial it hurts.
  20. MasterXC

MasterXC New Member

I was able to get to 10k after going 56-7 as a sniper....and I think over 100 bot kills. Not sure how long it took, but it felt like 20 minutes (plus overtime).

On a side note, screw you, ejectors.