Additional Prize types

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Wishlist' started by eternal, January 29, 2011.

1. eternal

eternal New Member

We have juice and speed prizes, why not have other temporary boost type prizes? Temp reload speed, small hp boost prizes (would either heal you for a small amount, or if you are already full would give you a bit of overheal.) and perhaps Rate of Fire prizes.
  2. grimbar

grimbar New Member

Bacon makes you better at everything!
  3. zanarias

zanarias Member

Churros already give you a health boost along with a skill recovery boost. Also,

4. goathax

goathax New Member

I like this 'cause right now it feels like there's little to no reason to get speed or juice endorsements as both are easy to find in the wild. Knowing that every endorsement type is just as likely as every other to drop would probably lead to more people picking Speed.
  5. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

6. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Believe it or not, endorsements used to be just pick-ups, but they removed it because it got too confusing Uber said.
    [​IMG]
  7. eternal

eternal New Member

You're right! Bacon does make you better at everything, why don't we just remove all of the endorsements and prizes since all you need is the o so common to find bacon that shows up every match from every bot.

:roll:

What would be interesting is if you killed a player and the prizes they dropped were based on the endorsements they had. So rather than everyone dropping 3 speed boost prizes you would get 1 of each of the endorsement prizes which would give you a temporary level 1 version of that endorsement.

Correct me if I'm wrong but bacon is the only one that lasts until you die, all of the other prizes are temporary and wear off after a short time.

---

@DeadStretch I can see that being a problem. But What I'm suggesting is slightly different. You still have your endorsements you set, but you can get a small temp boost just like picking up a speed boost or churro. But I see your point.
  8. zanarias

zanarias Member

ITT guy can't really take a joke.

If you start adding in bonuses based on Endorsements you are straight back to what Deadstretch was talking about, even if it's a Bronze endorsement. Additionally, certain endorsements (like temporary reload speed, crits, accuracy) would get extremely hard to keep track of fast, and so would their "timers." You may initially enter a battle relying on your hard earned pick ups only to have them all run out mid-fight.

I don't see this working.

EDIT: Bacon still makes you better at everything!
  9. eternal

eternal New Member

What about speed boosts which run out mid fight? Is that really any different? Mobility is one of the biggest factors in ANY FPS/3rd person shooter/ect
  10. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

Speed boosts arent temporary last i checked. Only the "boost" part is, but you still have gold speed or w/e.

Anyway, i dont see this idea ever working. It's fine the way it is. Don't fix somethin that aint broke. Also, I dont want to see players having huge advantage cause they went on juice streaks and got lots of endorsement pickups.
  11. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

Speed boosts are temporary.
  12. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

There was another post of Scathis saying that they are permanent + a small extra boost. I think.
  13. Jeff

Jeff New Member

honestly the juice endorsement has been and probably will always be useless and the speed endorsement is usefull because it "sticks" and never goes away.
  14. eternal

eternal New Member

BAL_PICKUP_SPEED =150
    BAL_PICKUP_SPEED_DUR =15

Speed boosts last for 15seconds. Picking up a speed boost grants you 150speed, (for comparison equiping gold speed boost endorsement gives 100speed.)
  15. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Picking up one "Fasty Feet" or Speed pickup without a Speed endorsement will bring you up to Bronze Speed for that life. If you pick up two feet it's Silver Speed and three is Gold. Anything more is the boost that only lasts, according to the numbers, 15 seconds.

I finally just seen an example Scathis has always talked about. Apparently other 'number' factors come into play with the speed pickups. :D
  16. grimbar

grimbar New Member

Speed pickups are indeed lasting a life, cept for the boost part.

Bacon makes you better at everything.