Finally stopped playing (for now)

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by valheria, April 30, 2014.

1. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

[​IMG]

Me on a slow day, £26 a month :)

I seriously feel for you Aussie players. I know a coupla Aussie gamers, so I have a decent idea of how bad it is over there.
    emporer88 likes this.
  2. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

There seems to be more whining in the thread than anything. Hence "Nothing good ever comes from a thread telling us you stopped playing."
    corruptai and thetrophysystem like this.
  3. Geers

Geers Post Master General

I...just...just.... I hate you.
  4. emporer88

emporer88 Member

wow dream internet!!!!!
    how much are you paying and what's your cost and downloads limit?
    see now im learning ways to fix... something good came from this post (in my mind)
  5. emporer88

emporer88 Member

wow two internets so what do u pay per month and how much download do you get? trying to figure out what plan to get lol.
    and is NBN Telstra?
    I pay 70$ a month for 20 GB download at 100 KBPS (not MB) then when I am over the 20 GB I get download of 20 KBPS (funny because they cant lower it lower)
    yes and I get ping of 7000 (no really sometimes even more) so say goodbye to COD, Battlefield nearly every online RPG (80%) of free to plays.. but RTS still runs on 8000 ping :D
    Last edited: May 1, 2014
  6. Geers

NBN is National Broadband Network. So every ISP has it. And how the hell do you get 8000 ping? Are you connecting from the dark side of the moon?
    emporer88 likes this.
  7. RMJ

RMJ Active Member

Yeah 8000 ping is called offline mode.
    Raevn, thetrophysystem and Geers like this.
  8. Nullimus

Nullimus Well-Known Member

Dude!
    I coded my first game on a TI 99 4A and co-wrote a game with my brother on a 8MHz 386 processor with turbo turned on to get to 12MHz. It was written in assembly and had digitized sound on the PC speaker. running at 240x320 256 Colors! Baby! Bleeding edge!

(Anyone who can relate to what I just typed) Props!
    corruptai, MCXplode, cdrkf and 2 others like this.
  9. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I remember an old Sega PC CD game, Bug. Or maybe Bug 3d. Lol. Either way, yes, I remember this. And the Sonic and Knuckles Collection on CD for PC. And Tomb Raider Classic.
  10. emporer88

emporer88 Member

nope its called satellite... think about it the transmission IS TRAVERLING TOUSANDS OF KM
    and yea 8000 ping FTW the only games I can play are RTS (online)
    k I lied..... I DO HAVE NBN... but its NBN satellite yay = Faster download BUT since Sky Mesh restrict my download rates anyway ....... yea you get the picture!
    so I do have NBN (sorry for confusion) so yes NBN has came to me YAY (not)
  11. Geers

Fibre or bust.
  12. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

pretty much, god I hope I get fiber
  13. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

The thought of getting fibre, gives be fibre...

/giggity
  14. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Pah BT Shill! Virgin Media FTW
    Reminds me of my first PC:

An IBM XT 286 with a 20mb hard disk, 720kb 5 1/4" floppy drive and a ISA Hercules graphics card (green / black only)...

I upgraded the hell out of that baby by scouring computer auctions for spares- managed to up it to a 40mb hdd, added a 3 1/2" 1.44 mb floppy drive and upped the graphics card to a CGA 4 colour- all to allow me to play lemmings in colour!
    Nullimus and MCXplode like this.
  15. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

The death cry of my Lemmings still haunts me to this day.
    cdrkf likes this.
  16. MCXplode

MCXplode Active Member

Yup this last build hasn't been stable enough for me to run a massive game, where as previous builds where. Either the single player game needs to be released or serious network packet optimization needs to occur. Even with AI I keep getting disconnected, I can reccnnect just fine and still keep playing but game is glitching. I have up to date video drivers and have graphics options set where graphics are stable. I have mods that reduce the lag; "KO deferred", but end of game network performance drops. It would be nice to set up LAN or own internet battle leagues too.
  17. MCXplode

MCXplode Active Member

we are talking about network optimization, some of us actually do the work to update video drivers, and I am getting a decent fps that is not the issue.
    Last edited: May 2, 2014
  18. MCXplode

MCXplode Active Member

I coded my first game in a TI-82, when I got a TI-89 that was big upgrade.:cool: Learned to write code in Pascal for graphics on the old Macintosh Classic. It had a whopping 2MB of ram beefy Motorala chip and probably 256K of shared video memory. We had the Macs networked through token ring with telephone line in our math class. Those nic cards were pushing 230kbs baby, we were sitting high on the hog playing lan games on those things. :D My favorite game on the mac was Bolo an old tank game.
    cdrkf likes this.
  19. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

I get 7000 ping on tf2 yet no lag other than with projectiles like rockets. Valve must have amazing servers.. o.o
  20. Geers

Or highly inaccurate ping measuring software.