[REL] Supcom icons! *FIXED*

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by nuketf, February 9, 2014.

1. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

[/quote]
    they where always like that[/quote]isn't it time you took it down from PAMM ? no harm intended :)[/quote]

are supcom mods are compleatly diffrient i ues transprant when you ues the things that auto do it and a update for my mod is comeing
    sigmud2 likes this.
  2. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

technically mine :p
    no, I don't think they are completely different, be honest, when it comes to the pngs you're using my files, just desaturated.
  3. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

So he modded your mod. That's perfectly acceptable and we can consider this one his mod.
  4. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

what happen to befor when you where saying to me "keep up the work" and "lets work to gather" your saying now drop this Supcom icons are my mod alone

thank you
  5. cptconundrum

The other way to look at mods is to just accept that they are "owned" by the community and the lead developer on each one is just the maintainer. It's fine to be proud of a mod, but I don't like the idea of trying to take ownership of them.
  6. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

this is true you just create them when you have others download them they can freely edit as they wish BTW @tatsujb i started working on my supcom icons befor you brought yours back (i messesged you caues i could not get the back round transpairent but i found out how)
  7. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

I still stand by this, I'm just clearing points up @trialq seemed to ignore
  8. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

ok still inlarging the icons and fixing them up and stuff gave the Heavy tank and advance heavy tank a intesrting icon and a new one for that orbital station with the 4 battleship cannons that i forgot the name of! and i already havean idea of what to have the orbital Factory icon to be like!
  9. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

I disagree pretty strongly with this. Mods are IP, just like any other creative work - it's fine to ask to help, but mod authors very much do "own" their work.

Having said that though, mods that port content from other sources (like the icons from SupCom) are a bit of a grey area, because the above doesn't fully apply (it's not your IP, only your effort).
  10. cptconundrum

That's fair. I guess I could start including an open license in my mods to make it clear that I don't really want to own the ones I have made. If someone can use my work do do something better, all that means to me is that we get to play the game using a better mod.

I guess it starts to get harder to stay in that mindset when the mods get bigger. So far all of mine are really small, but I can see where the big mods like PA Stats and Hotbuild2 shouldn't be looked at the same way as something easy like what I've done.
  11. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

ok guys...i need your help! i need motivation....im starting to think "why even fix thies? eveyone probly downloads the other one"
  12. ozonexo3

ozonexo3 Active Member

For me none of them looks good. Its because how strat icons are implemented in PA. They are 3d objects and there is texture filtering on them. Making them big or sharp is not helping. Every icon looks blury and unclean. Im realy the only one who see this?
  13. moldez

moldez Active Member

.. well that´s not motivating at all!

keep up your work at least for yourself and don`t wait for too much feedback (believe me I know what I say;)

cheers, Moldez
  14. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

so....this is what iv done sofair.... [​IMG]
    trialq likes this.
  15. xedi

xedi Active Member

Nope, the icons have been blurry and messy for 11 months now, I'm still waiting for an overhaul before releasing a usable version of the icons.
  16. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Did this have any effect?
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/...-dox-is-saved-–-4-29.59152/page-3#post-921498
  17. ozonexo3

ozonexo3 Active Member

This only changed performance, but icons are still blury. Check this, now you see difference?

icons.png
  18. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

im working on updateing my icons
  19. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Removed from PAMM due to being outdated.