Crossfirex? Any good?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Spriggan43, May 1, 2014.

1. Spriggan43

Spriggan43 Active Member

Hi Guys and Girls

Is any one playing PA with ATIs crossfirex? and does it work well?

Thanks.
  2. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

Crossfire is not supportet atm, maybe when the game is released
  3. emporer88

emporer88 Member

I don't know crossfire may annoy people who spam 1000 T2 bots and 1000 T1 anti air then march them into an enemy base...
    like me... but...
    Emporer88 out~
    tatsujb likes this.
  4. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

No, since the game doesn't support Cross Fire, it actually hurts performance significantly. Due to some issues with AMD's support, PA will likely never support it.
    Sorry :p
  5. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Possible you talking about Nvidia SLI there.

CrossFireX doesn't support windowed applications which mean it's can't affect PA at all because this game don't use modal full screen. Until AMD fix it to work with windowed games it's clearly won't work for PA.
  6. Twinstar

Twinstar Active Member

Hey, im using 2xHD7950 in CrossfireX but it doesn't affect the game, cause even 1 Card can handle the Game easy, they are only about 10° hotter than idle =D

The lagg is Server sided or caused by the CPU, not the GPU.

PS: Im using the other Card to mine DogeCoin if the PC is running =D
  7. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

As others have said- it's not supported by PA (mind you neither is Nvidia SLI). However you don't need that much graphics card for PA anyway. If you already have one ATI / AMD card and you have a spare slot it might make sense for some games (depends what you play). I'd recommend looking at benchmarks on games you actually want to speed up as dual gpu configs are hit and miss, however they do make sense *if* you can get your hands on a matching card for reasonable money and you play a game that's supported.

Note for games that are not supported you should be able to force disable the feature in software to avoid it causing problems.
  8. Spriggan43

Spriggan43 Active Member

If Ati are not going to support Crossfire's in window mode, what's the story of uber not/not yet supplying modal full screen? Is this going to be supported by uber "soon" Seems like a missing opportunity to me.
  9. SXX

SXX Post Master General