Finally stopped playing (for now)

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by valheria, April 30, 2014.

1. kalherine

kalherine Active Member

You not the only (i got 2 pcs both lags in same situation i try them both (1 old-i5 2500k OC,8 ddr3 1333,2 SLI Asus gtx 680,1 750 gb Samsung HD) 2 the new (i7 4770k , 16 gb ddr3 2400, Asus gtx 780 ti, 1 ssd samsung 250gb +1 Western Digital 1 tb wd 3000 i run the games on the ssd) not need to talk about drivers update since thats basic and auto in new systems....

Net its + then fast....PA's bandwidth usage for now its just a shadow that you guys have to live.
    emporer88 likes this.
  2. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

Again, really trying to not be an ***, but this game was advertised as an online gameplay experience. We don't have an SP mode yet, and this game has only been playable online since the alpha kicked off.

While expecting improvements is reasonable, I don't think complaining about it necessarily is.

The game runs far better than it used to, for starters. And secondly, if you're in England, you really have no excuse to not have at least moderate Internet. Australia? Perhaps, their infrastructure is pretty damned terrible. Canada? Terrible data caps and a monopoly on Internet services. The same for America, but there at least two major providers I think so there may be better competition there. Africa? Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah, gl hf :p

If you can afford to shell out for a 4th gen i5/i7, 8/16GB of RAM and at least one high-end video card . . . you can afford £20 a month for fibre optic (or even high speed cable broadband).

I fully expect Uber to continue improving the game, but maybe, just maybe . . . people will realise that to play a modern, high-spec game, they'll need a modern, high-spec setup.

Again, only applies to us UK dolts. We're quite lucky with our Internet, even if places like Sweden are far, far better :D
    emporer88 likes this.
  3. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Oh it's not that bad in Australia.

[​IMG]

Shut up...
    cptconundrum, emporer88 and Gorbles like this.
  4. emporer88

emporer88 Member

what if you cant get fiber optic? like how im in the country!
    k well in town its not bad and in VERY regional like Alice springs is good BUT Sub regional is the Black spot of death!
  5. emporer88

emporer88 Member

then again I can play with 6000 ping and 100 kbps SO WELL DONE UBER YOU HAVE DONE THE INPOSSABLE!!!!! ALL HAIL UBER!
    arthursalim and Gorbles like this.
  6. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

Alice Springs seems to be in Australia.

Please, read what I post :/
    emporer88 likes this.
  7. emporer88

emporer88 Member

um dude.. im Australian cant u tell I like use some slang every few words.. Alice springs is in the middle of Australia near airs rock and its getting fiber cable... but our house is getting.... hmm NOTHING!!!!! and Melbourne has god internet... BUT regional area like Glenrowan (Ned Kelly) gets nothing.. and it has more population..
    but then again if your regional you have to expect this... so that's why I guess you buy a house in town if your even considering being a gamer.
    PS: (incase your not aussie) slang is the abriviation of two words combined like "you'll or whataryar doing? (sounds like that sometimes)
  8. RMJ

RMJ Active Member

Yeah game runs pretty bad, its no secret, and it will be optimized at some point.

I remember play the game Kerbal Space Program not to to long ago when i could barely get 20fps in that game lol. and we are talking 670gtx, 16gb ram, i5 3570k 3.4ghz@4.2 ghz. then suddenly they got to optimizing and now im always 60fps unless i go like really absurd and make 500 part rocket.

Its funny because you can actually adapt to play games that run bad.

I remember the days of the AMD k6-2 450mhz an the Pentium 300-400mhz cpu. Back then none of my games ran very good, i would run games at like 15-30fps at best. but its funny how you adapt. No doubt it takes some fun out of the experience.

Not to mention that Planetary Annihilation literally slows down to a crawl. the best way to win a game atm, seems to be, instead of going into orbit and trying to kill them on another planet, just makes 100-200 factories keeå spamming units, eventually the game either crashes or runs at 1fps, so it becomes who leaves first or well last :p but thats the part of early access and alpha beta. The whole moving command, where people put 3000 units on roam, that makes it even worse, seems odd why that command isnt removed, at least for now, or at least put a limit on max 10 roaming units.

War for the over world also ran pretty badly up until the recent patches, now it suddenly runs very very good.
    Last edited: May 1, 2014
    emporer88 likes this.
  9. emporer88

emporer88 Member

true that, I have been playing with over 6000 ping and now im used to it. though getting kicked for ping ruins it a little and also the people who say "Get out of the lobby your ping is WAYYYYYYY to HIGGHH AHHAH"
  10. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Back when I lived in England (last year and beyond) I only had a sluggish 300kb/s, and this wasn't just me, I actually had better Internet than quite a few of my friends then ironically. East Anglia, RAF Mildenhal, is where I lived! :p But now I'm in America and I have an even bigger problem... 14 miles out of town, 75$ or so a month for 14mbps (1.5 - 2.0mbs) but that's while my ten gig limit lasts; after that... I'll be lucky to have 50kbs... Luckily next year I'll be moving to Hawaii and I'll have, for the same cost, 50mbps I believe with no limit! :D
    Gorbles likes this.
  11. Geers

Hey guys, you don't have the NBN, so you don't get this

[​IMG]

I hate everything right now.
    vackillers and emporer88 like this.
  12. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

You have my sympathy - I used to live out in the sticks of deepest darkest Essex and had similar speeds. I could only really move to multiplayer gaming when I got a place a bit more urbanised.
  13. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Maybe in the CBD. But very few people live there. Most are using copper that's older than they are, and cuts out everytime it rains.

I know dem feels :(.

upload_2014-5-1_22-30-2.png
    Looks like I beat you by 0.40 Mb/s download and 0.02 Mb/s upload :cool:. What's absolutely scary is that text in brackets on the right... FASTER THAN 68% OF AUSTRALIA!!! :eek:

(ping is due to being on wireless)
    Geers likes this.
  14. Geers

I didn't know you were Australian...

But since you live in Canberra you have a much better chance of getting an NBN plan. On the other hand Canberra is boring, but I guess that doesn't matter if you have the interwebz at 66 MB/s.
  15. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

I'm from Melbourne - you posted the Canberra one :p. Been to Canberra before though, and have to agree - you can see it all in just a few days.
  16. Geers

Woops misread that. I'm in Melbourne too....

QUIT STALKIN' ME!
  17. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

1mbps drops functionality on multiplayer 6 player, and even 2-3 planets covered in just 2 players one of which is AI.

So yeah, I dig it. It just isn't something you can blame us for any more than yourself, it is a fluke of the present.

Hope serverside comes out soon, I am sure it is destined.

Meanwhile, SUGGESTION: Play on a larger planet with 2-3 normal/3-4 easy AI instead of a hard. It might actually make it worse, but technically they should spawn and spread all together without spreading densely or overquickly. Even better is you have to kill so many more Commanders to win.
  18. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Just leaving this here...
  19. Geers

They didn't post threads. They posted posts.
  20. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

(for now) is at the end. Also, it was constructive. Also, it was "until a feature comes", and yes it is a promised feature so it isn't strong-arming because it is already coming eventually, sooner or later.

Anyway, I think their reason is alright. It isn't like "screw you devs what are you thinking you lied to everyone" threads, which I would say are covered by the freedom of speech as long as I get to post in them that they are a "bunch of vulgur thugs who don't even present an arguement with their rash bashing they bring out of left field".