T1 bombers

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by phantomtom, April 30, 2014.

1. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

So you're saying that fabricators should have their own anti-air capabilities?

If not, then yes they should be able to destroy your fabricators.
    If you want your fabricators to be safe, then protect them.
    phantomtom likes this.
  2. phantomtom

phantomtom Active Member

No, ofc not! im saying it shoulde take more then 1 bomber to destroy 6 or more fabbers. he gets reward, im not... i lose alot of HP, only 1 more pass and he will destory 5 more fabbers if i dont react!
    allways something good about of something bad!!!!!!!!!!!
    in the end he reacted by doing something stupid by moveing hes bomber into my base u know
    Last edited: April 30, 2014
  3. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

'xecpt what's the 'good' there, the bomber just becomes useless junk.

we don't want useless junk cluttering our build roster.
  4. tehtrekd

But that's impossible.
    One bomber, just like one dox, can destroy an infinite amount of unprotected fabricators.
    Once again, if you want your fabbers safe, then protect them. That's all that can be said.
    Also, as Zaphod already pointed out, NEVER clump unprotected fabricators in a way where a single bomb can destroy them.
  5. phantomtom

phantomtom Active Member

Clump? assisting? its allrdy clumped
  6. tehtrekd

Protect them.
    Always.
  7. phantomtom

phantomtom Active Member

but wtf. u cant if they one shot every fabberi dont know how many hit the bomber takes from what, but they will allways beabel to put down the payload, makeing u lose soo much and he gets a **** tonn of gold.
  8. tehtrekd

Yes you can.
    Everything with anti-air abilities heavily out-ranges bombers.
    Put an area patrol of fighters or some stingers nearby and bombers won't be able to touch the fabricators.
  9. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

that's another debate ....................On which we agree this time 'round ^^ : https://forums.uberent.com/threads/poll-paper-units.53458/

that being said you should try out PTE to see if you prefer the balance and unit stats there : https://forums.uberent.com/threads/streams-pte-and-experimental-builds.58960/
  10. phantomtom

phantomtom Active Member

Then u are wrong, very wrong. makes no sense
  11. phantomtom

phantomtom Active Member

balance is perfect littel thing from what the game is made from and the time spent on it!
    knowing how the game is played only makes it more perfect
  12. thesambasti

thesambasti Member

Heh, I considered going for the starcraft analogy (it's much easier) but I thought someone with your grammar wouldn't have the keyboard ability required to play that game. TBH, at this point I suspect you're not a troll, you're just really really stupid. So I'll try to be nice and lay it out real slow for you:

6 faaabbbeeeersss iiiiinnnnnn oooooonnnnnnneeeeee plllllllaaaaaccccceeeee issssss liiiiiikeeeee buuuuiiiiilllldiiiinnnggg nooooothhhhhhiiiiiinnnnngggg bbbbbbuuuttttt pppprrrrrooooobbbbbbeeeesss thhhhhhheeeeennnn wwwaaalllkkkkiiiiinnng thhhhhhhhheeeeemmmm aaaalllllllllllllll oooovvvveeeeeeerrrrr aaaaa wwwwwiiiiiiiddddooooowwwwww mmmmmmiiiiiinnnneeeee.

For everyone who isn't a moron: "6 fabbers in one place is like building nothing but probes then walking them all over a widow mine. Problem is between chair and keyboard, not with game balance.
    stuart98, phantomtom and emporer88 like this.
  13. emporer88

emporer88 Member

dude... everyone starts equal and everyone starts with at least 5 MEXY spots. its even and its just the strategy your using.. I personally build 3 missle towers early game and a sat and some SLTDS (single laser tower defense stations XD)
  14. phantomtom

phantomtom Active Member

I had a good time last night:D loling about reading what i Type D, atlest i lernt something from it:D well acaully alot.
  15. phantomtom

phantomtom Active Member

compairing letters to iq seems dumb
  16. emporer88

emporer88 Member

:( I thought u raged about my post (up)
    IGN:emporer88
    you will see me on the 5th when I get new net! :D
    and I SHALL ANNIHILATE YOU AND BRAD NICHIOLSON
    THOUGH WE ARE ANTS(get my joke) COMPARED TO BRAD
  17. Geers

Geers Post Master General

That isn't a thing.
  18. phantomtom

phantomtom Active Member

emporer88.
    I cant be beaten, im superman in human form! im ******* awesome
    I woulde eat u up and **** u out perfect
    Last edited: May 1, 2014
  19. elodea

elodea Post Master General

... dude

If you play greedy with your factories and produce only fabbers, you deserve to be punished if the other player can catch you at it. Just in the same way you can punish greedy over expansions in SC2, or really any other RTS game. If you clump up 6 fabbers and skip on the AA, you've taken that risk and deserve to lose them. Your opponent has traded out alot of his potential eco and timings just going for bombers in the first place.

Bombers are one of the only ways to keep an opponent honest in terms of fabber spamming and reactionary turret spamming. It only forces you to build stingers inbetween and maybe radar.

No offence, but you seriously cannot be GM in sc2 and not see the counter-relationships here.
  20. drschuess

drschuess Member

Can we please lock this thread for the love of God...