Question about burning trees

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by meir22344, April 30, 2014.

1. meir22344

meir22344 Active Member

will trees grow back after a being burnt down when a curtain amount of time has elapsed ???
  2. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

3. KNight

KNight Post Master General

I don't think games happen over a long enough period of time for that to be of consideration.

Mike
    Schulti likes this.
  4. eroticburrito

eroticburrito Post Master General

I highly doubt it.
    It'd be cool if soft grassy terrain went muddier over the course of the game though, perhaps turning into a WW1-style mudbath if it got enough bombardment.
    arthursalim, killzone5017002 and RMJ like this.
  5. RMJ

RMJ Active Member

Not to mention grass and bushes would be nice to add more life. Some simple 2d sprite grass shouldn take too much performance.
    eroticburrito likes this.
  6. Geers

Geers Post Master General

That's literally turtling, then spamming units, then turtling again.
  7. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

Internal Log, RecordDate 104, Year 102.10:

The trees are on fire. We scorched the earth to prevent any additional resources being scavenged by the oppressor's forces as we conceded ground as a result of inadequate combat performance.

ShardNet reports that allied forces are losing ground across the whole theatre. This unit hopes that despite such losses, ShardCommand can bring some benefit out of the situation. Certainly, ShardCommand has achieved such victories before.

Internal Log, RecordDate 105, Year 102.10:

The trees are gone; burnt. A satisfactory operation despite the parameters being negative in their setting. This unit dislikes the loss of aesthetic appeal.

Perhaps planting new trees would suffice, if this conflict was to be resolved.

Addendum: this unit has been informed that trees can take up to 0.40 Year units to grow to maturity. The conclusion is that this effort would be a waste of this unit's time.
  8. eroticburrito

I meant in terms of the muddy battlefields - not so much the static battle-lines.
  9. Geers

There aren't many wars that didn't involve at least one muddy battlefield somewhere.
  10. mredge73

mredge73 Active Member

Semi-permanent trails from walking dox and rolling tanks would be a neat addition.
    But I think better wreckage should be prioritized over this since it not only adds more flavor but creates gameplay obstacles.
  11. arthursalim

arthursalim Active Member

i like the idea imagine your dox fighting close range in a destroyed battlefield full of mud in a wild and brutal war
    [​IMG]
    Something like this?
    eroticburrito and optimi like this.
  12. eroticburrito

Something like precisely that. :D
  13. Geers

I'm imagining doxii clipping through each other and the pathfinding bugging out.
  14. eroticburrito

Well so long as the deep, impassible water filled craters were sufficiently wide, it wouldn't pose pathfinding much different from a Desert biome. They'd just splash their way over the smaller puddles - no need to worry about getting wet and cold.
  15. onyxia2

onyxia2 Member

and at the same time that wreakage SHOULD sink to the bottom of the sea if it is naval lol!