Assassin Should Have to Uncloak First

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by Bungle, January 27, 2011.

1. Stalkeer

Stalkeer New Member

Even cloaked, Assassin are easy to see. Their steps while they run in cloak can be seen and when they are getting close they are easy spotted. If you are quick you can try to grab a Assassin who is dashing into you, jumping is also a way to avoid them. Assault, Tank and Gunner can fly to avoid getting grabbed. Sniper have freeze traps and Support can stay near their Firebase.

One of the things that I like about this game is the Assassin, they have much better mobility compare to all the other classes.
  2. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

all things you are complaining about are saying your a bad player, get better and will not have any of these problems i have not come across some super being of an assassin that just totally destroys me and my team, they die fast, you can hear them, if they get close you can avoid the grapple. and about doesn't belong in a shooter, WHO CARES this game is unique it borrowed things from other games to make an amazing game.
  3. LikeWoW

LikeWoW New Member

I'm fairly new to the game (ie noob)

But my first impression of the assassin is how effective it is from mid to close range...more so than any other class (well assault is close). The ranged attack was surprisingly powerful. Its weakness at long range is never exposed because dash/cloak can simply close the gap.

If I had to hit the assassin with the nerf bat, I would say reduce ranged attack a bit or reduce dash duration so the getaway requires a little more skill.
  4. timmy TED

timmy TED New Member

uncloaking is an advanced strategy

you can't be heard
    so you sneak up on people uncloaked
  5. hugochavez

hugochavez New Member

overall the assassin is a bit over powered, it shouldnt be an instant kill, and if so, the assassin should die almost instantly after being fired upon. i mean come on, people abuse assassins and get lame kills all the time, its a joke. either make it a grapple attack combo (never a one click) the need to uncloak and run at normal speed in order to have the ability to grapple or extremely low health.
  6. grimbar

grimbar New Member

Don't get grappled then, you'll learn that after playing more.
  7. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

That was my first ever post on the forum. Guys, you'll learn to deal with the Assassin soon enough, just like how I came to realise that this build was retarded - just give it time.
  8. duffenator

duffenator New Member

wow your really think the assasin shouldn't be nerfed....I dont know how many countless times where i have just respawned and left my base only to have an assasin stab me in the back and insta-kill me...and yea you can hear the buzz or hum of the cloak, when nothing else is going on in the map...considering there explosions, bots, and gun fire you cant hear ****.. why should i have to blow out my ******* ear drums to hear a slight hum. Even with armor as a number 1 endorsement and support overheals me I still get auto-killed, that is ridiculous. Also this so called grapple from the front, leaves me with little health. Doesn't matter if they one shot me, they still have the first shot with their sword. I would slam my charge skill and they would still hit me first. Another is the ninja stars....they out-range my assault and have way better accuracy, you dont stand a chance. This is with 1) accuracy 2) ROF 3) mag. Not to mention the assault rifle is garbage anyways
  9. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

stop your complaining, if you have gold armor and are fully overhealed you shouldn't die from it, you are just complaining about something that does NOT i repeat NOT need to be changed the assault rifle is perfectly fine to so don't even go there
  10. Jackal Queenston

Jackal Queenston New Member

Stop crying, learn situational awareness.

Close thread please.
  11. PKC

PKC New Member

the assassin's OPness is not at all related to its ability to sneak up and stab you in the back.
  12. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

the only reason you can say the assassin is OP is because you are clearly bad at the game, good players don't have your problem......
  13. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

I really wish my PC version would play Crossfire again. I have been running a "pub build" for my Tank and I would like to know how it fairs on the PC version.

If anyone wants to try:
    Gold Skill Recovery
    Silver Clip Size
    Bronze Health Regen.

Product Grenade 2, Charge & Passive 3, Deploy 2. The rest of my money goes for Hazards, Bots and Turrets. Never buy juice as a Tank, imo. You can gain it fairly well playing the field.

Remember these are pub games. :lol:
  14. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

just wondering why the silver clip? for the death blossom kill on assassins?
  15. DeadStretch

Silver Clip so I can burn through multiple enemies without the downtime of reloading, but mainly for taking out turrets.
  16. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

i might have to try it, that is if my modem stops having epileptic fits everytime i do something like watch a youtube vid!
  17. DeadStretch

That sucks! Watching youtube is hard to resist.
  18. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

indeed it is, this modem has been working fine since i got it but its time to get a new one
  19. PKC

PKC New Member

you're the guy who reckons the assassins weren't OP before the nerf. you'll excuse me if i don't rate your understanding of balance too highly.
  20. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

the assassin is not OP and hasn't been OP on pc, you are saying its OP because you are bad, the only class i consider close to OP on pc would be the sniper but that's just because they added the jet pack cool down and the insane accuracy on pc makes the sniper even more deadly, but they are still countered extremely well by using the assault.