Some basic suggestions

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by Warskull, August 12, 2010.

1. Warskull

Warskull New Member

1) It should show team composition whenever you die. I've been on teams with 3+ assassins who don't even realize every else picked assassin. The composition popping up on the bottom of the screen could help this.

2) I would be really nice to have some numbers or some more info on the endorsements. Everything is really vague. I know Tanks have a lot of health and assassins don't have much, but what is the gap? Does a level 3 armor boost make assassins as durable as a tank? Are they percentage boosts or straight bonuses?

3) Team composition is a huge issue in pubs, noobs love to jump on the 'cool' classes like sniper and assassin. The game tells you to spend your money if you are holding on to a bunch. It should give assassins/snipers hints to change classes when there are too many of one class. This is why I liked class limit pub servers in TF2, limiting the number of spies, snipers, and engineers on a team prevented noobs from hamstringing their own team.

4) Maybe some mechanics to discourage people who play extremely selfishly and overload assassin/sniper to the detriment of the team would be nice. Reduce the cash/exp gain for people playing assassin/sniper when there are too many on the team and give a player swapping classes to something the team needs a small cash bonus.
  2. tehwalrus

tehwalrus New Member

The mechanics for playing selfishly are that you end up losign the match - you don't need a bugger detriment than that
  3. SaberJ

SaberJ New Member

You can check the scoreboard to see what everyone is playing, but obviously the spawn layout would be a lot more helpful, because it's clearer. Even though I say you can see it on the scoreboard, I don't think I've ever actually used that to check the current team layout.

I generally try to start the game by waiting to see what other people picked, and pick something that I can play well that compliments that. If it's not already crowded, I usually prefer Support. But I'll try to pick at the last moment to balance the team.

Another point I will mention is that you are almost penalized for switching classes, because you lose any of that money you spent on the previous class. And if the team changes a couple times, it would not be in your best interest to keep trying to balance the team. The only reason I can see for making it that way is to prevent players from playing a class the levels faster just to have them switch classes and carry everything over to the new class. Maybe they could give you half of your skill money back as cash at least to lessen the pain.
  4. drunkdriver23

drunkdriver23 New Member

Well I have 2 say I like playing as the sniper but when I do I am usually the only one so there is no problem there for me. Also I don't play the sniper like a camper only out 2 get kills I push forward quick and no scopeing along with the SMG that is suppost 2 be used for that reson. I don't like how u say most the noobs go assassin or sniper. In the case of the assassin yes but there are some of us who play sniper and push forward 2 help the team destroy the enemy money ball