PTE Balance build Idea

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by Corang, April 28, 2014.

?

If Uber were to have an HP PTE build how much should HP increase? (Applies to everything in game)

1. 2x

13.3%
  2. 3x

23.3%
  3. 4x

36.7%
  4. 5x

16.7%
  5. Other

6.7%
  6. It should decrease

3.3%
  1. Corang

Corang Well-Known Member

If Uber were to have a PTE build where they tried a drastic change with HP what should it be changed to? Personally I would like to see how a 3x or 4x increase to everything in game would be like. As a side note nukes should also have a proportionate increase to damage as to not make them obsolete.
  2. Corang

Corang Well-Known Member

%$#&*%$! can a mod move this to balance forums please, I posted this in the wrong sub-forum :mad:
  3. superouman

superouman Post Master General

I'd say x4 to test the upper extreme limit.
  4. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

If ones online go comment in their profile x3 oh and I'd probably go for a.. hm... 4 times 3 or four times increase?
  5. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

x5, to test the extremes
    phantomtom likes this.
  6. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

x4 to test the extremes, but I think 2x - 2.5x is realistic for better gameplay.
  7. YourLocalMadSci

YourLocalMadSci Well-Known Member

This is certainly an experiment I would like to see at some point.
  8. torrasque

torrasque Active Member

I would like to see wreckage with 10x their hp ... and perhaps more metal.
    ( And a shiny look similar to metal spot! )
  9. superouman

superouman Post Master General

Stronger wreckage is definetely something to test.
    stuart98 likes this.
  10. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

The look of wrecks has been bothering me all the time. In TA wrecks were shiny and looked like metal, whereas in PA and Supcam they were mostly just black and boring. That makes them also hard to spot.
    I would love to see them given a lighter look with more specularity. Oh and also a lot more hitpoints.
  11. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Somebody get Uber! :D
    Last edited: April 28, 2014
  12. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I do not like hp increase.

But I secede, this is exactly what PTE are made for. To see the real effect of HP, it would have to be a big difference, which is why I voted x3. I would barely want it to be x2, but we wouldn't know for sure the effects unless we test a more distant edge.
    igncom1 likes this.
  13. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

We could always decrease all damage instead to keep the numbers simple.
  14. Corang

Corang Well-Known Member

I really hope someone at Uber sees this and thinks about doing it, we could finally settle the debate over "paper units"
  15. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Paper units can be fine for the units that deserve it.

But units that are designed to take punishment (Like some kinds of tanks) and units that can't really afford to be so slow and expensive (Ships) really could use a boost.
  16. Dementiurge

Dementiurge Post Master General

Fabbers would need a considerable repair nerf.
  17. Corang

Corang Well-Known Member

As all of you were interested in this topic I thought I would let all of you know I am working on a mod that multiplies every hp amount on every unit by 4 as that was the most popular of the options, if some of you could test that with me I would greatly appreciate that, oh and here is the forum post link https://forums.uberent.com/threads/wip-server-mod-anti-paper-units.60314/#post-937373
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  18. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

I really want this experiment at one point =)
  19. Corang

Corang Well-Known Member

We already did 4x health and it added wayyyy too much micro
  20. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

[​IMG]
    On that note, tanks can already perimeter run turrets. If they were lopsided balanced where turrets were stronger despite the health boost to tanks to prevent them from running the perimeter as easily, I still say 2x tops is the highest a unit health would go before more health was literally fabricated than was removed from play.

Because that is the problem, a factory produces 1000 health of inferno a second and an inferno does 1000 dps in that scenario, you will literally replace every unit lost in a battle as a battle happens. Right now, battles end too fast. If more health was added, battles would just pile up more and more. In the extreme case of x4, battles not only last but one army can ignore another army while driving through to tear up a base, thus you have to micro units to side-kite and inferno-walloff and such.

Also what would work, if units had x4 health, x4 cost, and less speed all around. Then, it would strip the game of all of it's macro looking gameplay with thousands of units, but it would be very starcraft friendly as far as enjoyable amounts of micro, since you would have 10-15 tanks instead of 50-60 tanks, and that is a reasonable amount of tanks to control in a micro manner over a 15 second battle.

ALSO, I appreciate that it was tested. I hope it is tested at x3 and x2 and such. The biggest reason it should be tested is because it is the most fun any PA player has had in a while, trying a custom balance like this. Second, just to see the variable effects every health adjustment has, because Colin was right, Uber was right, extremes need to be tested just to know the full effect of a balance mechanic, and then it is easy to see what percent of that extreme would feel right. Compared to that, doing it by 10% at a time, you would never know if health was actually doing anything different at all, you would just keep adding on until you got to an extreme anyway.
    Last edited: June 1, 2014