whould you buy dlc for pro udates

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by komanderkyle, August 12, 2010.

1. komanderkyle

komanderkyle New Member

whould you buy a Dlc package with maps and a revamp on a Pro like TF2 does with its updates?

i whould if the DlC was priced accordingly
  2. The_Jx4

The_Jx4 New Member

Revamp? Why would that happen.

You'd kinda have to do that anyway if they did that.
  3. komanderkyle

komanderkyle New Member

ya they whould tweak the charecters, but i thinkk further down the line it whould be cool if the assaualt had a Double barrale instead of a gernade launcher
  4. AssassinsGoneWild

AssassinsGoneWild New Member

Could lead to some class balance issues if not implimented corrently, but I don't see why not.

As for paying for maps and gametypes, this game has what, 4 maps? I would personally be willing to pay for DLC maps considering MNC is a fairly kick *** game, but I'm almost certain a good chunk of the players wouldn't and would split up the community, which is obviously not a good thing.

If we had a good amount of maps and gametypes, I wouldn't have a problem with paying for maps, but selling a kid a waffle cone then making him shell out half the price of the cone for a scoop of vanilla seems like a rip off IMO.
  5. Tigerfox 360

Tigerfox 360 New Member

i think there are 4 or 5 for crossfire, and 3 or 4 for blitz. maps that is.

yes i would pay for DLC, id rather not get more weapons though... a new pro? perhaps.
    maps and game modes are what keep people coming back though.
  6. elaeth

elaeth New Member

UE has said repeatedly that they can do class adjustments on the fly, so you would not have to pay for thm, or download a DLC for them. I doubt changes to the class like new weapons are included in that, but they're not going to change any of the classes that way. Too many balance issues.
  7. devorax

devorax Member

I would buy any new DLC this game releases. Period.
  8. The_Jx4

The_Jx4 New Member

QFT.
  9. Flamesaw

Flamesaw New Member

ideal DLC for me would be new maps, new protags, and new announcer dialog

emphasis on the new dialog.
  10. CrashTheGame

CrashTheGame New Member

As long as the content isn't just dormant information in the original download. YOU HEAR THAT 2K???
  11. inc0mplete

inc0mplete New Member

i wouldn't mind some new integration with the sponsors. i like the idea. like maybe "decals" that give stats. or even avatar changes (no stats) lol.
  12. drunkdriver23

drunkdriver23 New Member

I have to say new maps and new gametypes is what we need for DLC because even though the game is awesome the same gametype on the same maps will get old eventually
  13. Archangel

Archangel New Member

they need new maps and more verity of game modes first, i suggest making this free considering its 1200 points to start off with.

I would Support it if it was cheap, like 200MS=<.

this game seems rushed on to the market place, like they made 1 map, beta tested the classes and AI then launched.
  14. broncoburns

broncoburns New Member

4 Crossfire maps and 1 Blitz map. There are conceptual drawings of a "sick" 7th class, but nothing further has been revealed yet. Expect more DLC news at PAX Prime in September.
  15. PrivateJohn

PrivateJohn New Member

As much as i want to support the DLC myself but this is a XBLA game & not Call of Duty, by releasing more DLC (paid) it will seriously tear the community apart. In the long run, there will be lesser player. The game itself already cost 1200 which is not cheap by the way.

Just take cue from Valve's game or Dota. The content need to be free to keep the community going. Otherwise, all that is left will be a couple of hardcore players and harder to find games on Matchmaking.
  16. EthanCrad

EthanCrad New Member

Im sure they have taken splitting the community into account, and they will probably plan their DLC on the amount of people that have bought and play the game often. When the number of people playing a agme drops, a company releases DLC to make it rise. Also there are SOOOO many people who bought the game on release date, and there will be many more. I know alot of us guys including me will play the game to well over its full potential and will eventually like new maps. Many people refuse to pay 800ms points for dlc so I'd hope to see around 200-400 points for maps. I really would like at least 3 more maps. :)
  17. AssassinsGoneWild

AssassinsGoneWild New Member

And when you buy those maps, Micro$oft is going to be whispering "SUCKEEEEEEEEEEERS!!"
  18. PrivateJohn

PrivateJohn New Member

Yes I see where you are coming from but wouldn't it be better if the DLC is free?

Growing the userbase (more people buying the games) instead of milking the current userbase (existing player buying DLC)
  19. Brian And3rson

Brian And3rson New Member

if they add game modes, i would only like 1 other. maybe 2 others, but idk about that. because more would leave limited people in each one, like i said in a different thread, like how transformers war for cybertron is. and like many have said, this would split up the community.

more maps would be nice though, and the 7th pro that could be dlc, and some new teams/colors instead of just the hotshots and icemen.
  20. Ronin Tetsuro

Ronin Tetsuro New Member

I will reluctantly support DLC if it does NOTHING to the pro stats. Buying skills with RL money is the quickest way to destroy a game, as many games will tell you. It reeks of cashgrab, and I don't get that from UBER.

I would myself love to see a Classic Combatants skin DLC pack. Maybe turning the assassin into a traditional Ninja, or the Gunner into a Arnold lookalike, ect. ect.