Nyarlathotep's FPS Configs

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by nyarlathotep, January 29, 2011.

?

Update these config files?

1. Yes

49 vote(s)
    96.1%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    3.9%
  1. nyarlathotep

nyarlathotep New Member

Delay
    I'm sorry but currently I have not that much of free-time to build stable configs.
    At the moment I've got one config for the latest client. Just rename them to HostileGraphicsSettings.ini / HostileEngine.ini and put them in the config directory located in Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\HostileGame\Config .
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3028882/Low_HostileEngine.ini
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3028882/Low_HostileGraphicsSettings.ini

Update
    Well I think 25 should be enough, watch out for new config files in a few days.

I modified the engine.ini a bit, here's the result.
    Please read the FAQ below if you have trouble with something.

Extreme low settings:
    [​IMG]

Download:
    Not working

Low settings:
    [​IMG]

Download:
    Not working

FAQ
    Code:
    1.Where do I put these files to?
    Locate the Monday night config directory (\Steam\steamapps\common\monday night combat\HostileGame\Config) and put them there.

2.Do I need to change the name?
    YES. At the moment I honestly don't know which Engine.ini the game is prioritising. You need to replace both "hostileengine.ini" and "defaultengine.ini".

3.Is there something I need to consider, while using one of these?
    Of course there is, you should remember that with upcoming updates these config files might not work. Furthermore don't use the given options ingame, if you do the config might be replaced with default.

4.Regarding #3 how can I change the resolution?
    Open hostileengine and search for "ResX=" and "ResY=" (without "") in the  
    "[SystemSettings]" section, change the values to your desired resolution.

5.I don't see videos anymore
    I disabled them.

6.I want my old config back
    Right-click on monday night combat in your steam library and select Properties -> Local Files -> Verify integrity of game cache.

7.Will you update the configs/add more?
    If I want to.

If you have a question that is not answered in the FAQ, got a suggestion or want to give feedback feel free to do so.
    Last edited: March 1, 2011
  2. aerowoK

aerowoK New Member

Props man, I really needed this after my video card died.
  3. elevul

elevul New Member

I love you. :D
  4. MikeyTWolf

MikeyTWolf New Member

This is really quite pathetic. My comp can run UT3 on max settings fine (about 30FPS ish on max resolution) but MNC even on lowest settings only goes up to 15FPS when there's activity going on, running only 60FPS when the match is over and you get panning shots of billboards and stuff. It averages at about 20FPS throughout the match. This dooesn't change regardless of my settings.

Using the low settings config here, It only averaged at about 28FPS, maxing at 40FPS when there just one jackbot on the field. I don't get what the hell is going on, but it sounds like some serious optimisation work will need to be done, that or AMD pulls out a magical set of drivers that might fix this, who knows.
  5. Caliostro

Caliostro New Member

@Mikey: They stated before that there seems to be issues with ATI cards specifically. They're working with ATI to resolve them.
  6. aerowoK

aerowoK New Member

A caution to everyone, if you change the resolution to something that is not an option in the game, some of the models/maps will be black.
  7. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Could you go into more detail with number 2?
  8. grimbar

grimbar New Member

The downloaded file needs to be copied and renamed to "hostileengine.ini" and "defaultengine.ini". (without the quotation marks) and then you replace those two in the path given.

Enjoy your day!
  9. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Ohhh I see. Those links are the file name. Oh ok. Thanks.
  10. nyarlathotep

nyarlathotep New Member

Screenshot please.
  11. grimbar

grimbar New Member

Keeping this at the top, where it belongs.
  12. Providence

Providence New Member

What's the FPS gain on these?

I like how the railgun completely misses the crosshair in first pic :lol:
  13. grimbar

grimbar New Member

ITT railguns are not 100% accurate.

We didn't measure FPS gains online (at least I hadn't heard of measures to be taken), we don't use them personally.
  14. Traitorr

Traitorr New Member

I believe this is what you're looking for. It looks like this for me using either of the low or ultra low variant. I've had my resolution at 1024x768, and 1280x1024; windowed, and full screen. ATI graphics card as well, if that's a factor.

I really like what you've done so far, it's a huge fps boost for players with low end computers.

EDIT: Added in a screen of a crossfire match. Makes certain classes a lot harder to see lol.

Attached Files:

Last edited: January 30, 2011
  15. MikeyTWolf

MikeyTWolf New Member

Updated to the 11.1 drivers for my HD 6850 and reverted to native res (1920x1080) at medium settings without these configs and I've noticed a significant improvement, though still gonna be occasional drops that I can't quite explain (LazeRazor seems to be more at risk than other maps this week) that will persist throughout, so I guess if I get into a scrim I can just slap this on and go for it if LR is involved.
  16. elevul

elevul New Member

I'm having the "everything turns black problem" after editing settings from the options menu ingame too, and the gpu is an nvidia, so I guess it's not brand related.
  17. grimbar

grimbar New Member

The FAQ states that using the menu is no longer an option after applying the FPS config.
  18. Traitorr

Traitorr New Member

If by "menu" you mean the options menu then yes it does state that. Without changing anything at all after applying the config files it's still like that. The FAQ says not to mess with the options in the case that the settings get set back to default; I can confirm changing your resolution or fullscreen/windowed does not change them back to the default settings. If they did then I wouldn't have noticed the black skins problem in the first place.
  19. grimbar

grimbar New Member

I was referring to elevul, sorry I should have quoted.
  20. elevul

elevul New Member

From the ini file or from the options inside the game?