When.....will....it....be....ready?!?!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by ohnoe7823, April 25, 2014.

?

Should a provisional 'due date' be shared, rather than the open ended 'when it is ready' approach

Poll closed May 2, 2014.
  1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    13.9%
  2. No

68 vote(s)
    86.1%
  1. ohnoe7823

ohnoe7823 New Member

Can we at least get an estimate for time frames?

I'm a huge fan of the open communication approach to games development, and I respect the logic behind the decision to delay launch, but can you at least confirm there is an internal target completion date? I think this would be well received by the people waiting for the game, and also help mitigate the downside of an open ended 'when it is ready' deadline, which is that it will be forever incrementally iterated.

And if there if there is an internal deadline, can you share your provisional estimates?
  2. carlorizzante

carlorizzante Post Master General

A release date has been published on various sites. Look for Amazon or Nordic Games. Sorian himself stated that it has not been announced (I presume he meant confirmed).

https://forums.uberent.com/threads/all-quiet-at-uber.58789/page-3#post-914535

Give it time a month or so, and we will know a bit more.

For me, I am in no rush to see the game completed. I am more concerned that Uber will be able to meet all or most of the stretch goals promised on Kickstarter, and if they need more time, I'm ok with that. So I voted for a no.
    BallsonFire likes this.
  3. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Why does it matter?! You can already pick the game up through several stores as 'early access' and it's very much playable. Uber are busy adding in a lot of nice features like in game chat, graphics enhancements and so on- however the core game is pretty much sorted (balance changes withstanding).

The only thing the 'release date' changes is when the game will be available in shops as a retail copy.
    drz1, phantomtom and Alphasite like this.
  4. thepilot

thepilot Well-Known Member

It was released months ago.
    kayonsmit101, websterx01 and duncane like this.
  5. ghostflux

ghostflux Active Member

Good games are worth waiting for.

I'm not interested in a release date unless the amount of progress is slow.
  6. superouman

superouman Post Master General

Obligatory pic
    [​IMG]
  7. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

It'll be ready some time this decade :)
  8. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Or at very worst case the end of the century.... Just slightly after my Guinness as settled...
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  9. Taxman66

Taxman66 Well-Known Member

Well we are in Gamma phase and we have to make it all the way to Omega phase before release. XD
  10. duncane

duncane Active Member

Exactly. In the Kickstarter age its released as soon at the Alpha is out. And that is fantastic.
    drz1 and phantomtom like this.
  11. Martenus

Martenus Well-Known Member

Is it really that important when it "releases"?

You can play now already.
    websterx01 likes this.
  12. Devak

Devak Post Master General

A few moments before the stars align
  13. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

SoonTM
    someonewhoisnobody likes this.
  14. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

Exactly my reasoning. Besides, the updates make the game even more fun!
  15. BulletsFrozen

BulletsFrozen Active Member

Doesn't really matter to me. I am playing the game at the moment and having fun. Enjoying the balance streams and updates. All the release is going to do is bring in more players, and I have enough people to play with right now :D
    drz1 likes this.
  16. someonewhoisnobody

someonewhoisnobody Well-Known Member

If they tell us a release date and then figure out that they want to add in a new feature or polish it more, but do not have the time, than they can delay it again and get a lot of **** or release it without the polish and get bad reviews.

By using the "When its done", they can add in awesome features with no pressure( Like the unit cannon;) )
    drz1 likes this.
  17. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

an estimate was once given before ... that estimate wasn´t fulfilled
    by this consequense to not upset people uber changed their estimate to "when it´s done"
  18. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Idk, if there was a decent answer to this question it would be out there. Like they said, any answer might be pushed, I mean they can continue development post-release but you want the default copy to have as much as possible and definitely be self-functional.

I would tell you, unofficially, it looks like it might take no more than October.

With the game being available now, maybe the OP is sweating the offline thing, or how long he has to wait to have access to a more finalized game so it doesn't change balance so often. The latter is silly with more thought because the game will have lots of total conversion mods and unit addition mods, even the vanilla is available for changing by the devs post release, they do plan on supporting post-release.
  19. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

early access yes, retail nope ...
  20. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

There's a bit more to the distinction - as well as granting access to the server component of the game, release opens up the game to critical review as a finished product.
    drz1 likes this.