LiveStream Questions for 4/24/2014

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by BradNicholson, April 23, 2014.

1. Taxman66

Taxman66 Well-Known Member

Mavor said that he will consider the role of submarines and how they will work and he wasn't sure whether they will even be in the finished product. My question is:

Do you think the combat environment of PA is good enough to include the role of a stealth hunter like a submarine, or will this require an overhaul of the water layer?

Let's hope they make it in v1.0. I love subs <3
    Last edited: April 24, 2014
    FXelix, thelordofthenoobs and Paappa like this.
  2. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Can a bee be said to be or not to be an entire bee when half the bee is not a bee, due to some ancient injury?
  3. Dementiurge

Dementiurge Post Master General

If it be a wall the half the bee that is not a bee, then that bee shall be a wallaby.
    Devak and websterx01 like this.
  4. FXelix

FXelix Active Member

explain this Quote from Brad Nicholson :3 ^^. Please?
  5. torrasque

torrasque Active Member

What are the plans for matchmaking?
    emraldis and zaphodx like this.
  6. Teod

Teod Well-Known Member

Y U NO show us the last two faction leaders and icons?!

It's been more than four months since polls on the third one and we still don't know anything but leader name.

Am I really the only one caring about that?
  7. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

One was a race-horse, Onewon was one too. One won one race, Onewon won one too :)
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  8. wpmarshall

Serious question however -

Regarding the moon biome, which in my opinion and many others (including those within Uber such as Meta if I may quote :p ) quite bland and boring with a distinct lack of terrain features or obstacles.

My question therefore is this - Please is it possible to put impassable craters back in to form a mix of passable and obstructive craters (for ground units) in the moon biome? It made moons much more interesting before and they looked much more rock-y. So I think a mix would not only look great, but play great as well.

[Edit - Appreciating that many also like having the biome the way it is atm - perhaps an opportunity for more fleshed out System editor features also]
  9. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Many people also enjoy these maps. My favorite biome by far.
  10. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

It is said that gamma is about improving social, and I got the basic clue that gamma would lead to 1.0, Can we also hope for optimizations before 1.0.
    the amount of lag and crashes I get is just absurd and the behavior of this game from one system to another is all over the place. plus there are still a good number of serious bugs and exploits out and about.

such as units in the ground, planes going to orbital if assisting an orbital unit, pathfinding and mass extractor wireframe showing opponent's position.
  11. seglemster

seglemster New Member

Hi Uber! Thanks for a sweet game. I´ve been following you and backed you on Kickstarter.

I wonder if you can make the Mac standalone client automatically download updates? A simple "Update" next to Exit and Later, would be nice.

Also my chat function has been less working than working a while - even after several updates. I´ve reset the keys a couple of times, but I think it started once I chose to ignore a duplicate key warning.
  12. aevs

aevs Post Master General

I'd also like to see other features on moons, maybe giving large craters an additive ridge or something, maybe even some more gradual mountains occasionally.
    [​IMG]
    (Part of the giant equatorial mountain ridge on Iapetus as an example)
    zweistein000 likes this.
  13. wpmarshall

Perhaps therefore the options in the system editor need fleshing out to enable that customisation?
  14. Martenus

Martenus Well-Known Member

Is it possible the game makes a sound when someone joins a slot in the lobby, even when game is minimized or alt+tabbed?

Will we be able to play with multiple commanders in one team, but only in 1 player team? eg 1v1 with 2v2 commanders.
    Remy561 likes this.
  15. shootall

shootall Active Member

Questions:
    1. Map Editor (as in making fully customizable terrain, spawns, distribution of metal, all of it). Will there ever be one or will you work on balancing in the existing editor instead?
    2. Unit rooster. How much bigger can we expect it to get and how do you feel about the relationship between basic and advanced.
    3. Economy balance. In a previous build storage was added to the commander in what i thought was an attempt to allow us to go factory first, without having to build resources. Was this a misunderstanding on my part or is it an idea you've abandoned?
    4. Please read if you haven't already: https://forums.uberent.com/threads/what-is-economy-balance.58470
    As always, thanks for doing a fantastic game and thanks for being so transparent. It is very appreciated. You are all doing a great job.
  16. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Doesn't the OS X launcher work for you?

Does <Command> + <Enter> work for you in that case?
  17. FXelix

FXelix Active Member

Ah! Will the Feature be back that we can see when a player has left the game? ( like before for example a grey name?)
    This was really helpful.
  18. thelordofthenoobs

thelordofthenoobs Well-Known Member

Will you take balancing in the direction you took with the current PTE build (64758-balance)...please ?
  19. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

everyone that I've played with on teamspeak, mumble or skype so far has asked me this : "couldn't they make the planets in PA entirely navigable by scroll wheel? " I tell them it's definitely one of my first impressions as well and I'm hoping it'll make it's way back in.

Considering if you center the cursor on the planet it zooms straight in and straight out?

Can we please get navigation by scroll wheel back?
    websterx01 likes this.
  20. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

You had to have won an invite only first official Planetary annihilation tournament, that happened just 2 week ago IIRC. Ot you have to be an AI.

Here's my question:

Since the majority of community would like the balance take an entire different route than advanced being an upgrade, is uber prepared to accommodate us?