Most recent update, very dark? Also, a request: Brightness slider?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by squishypon3, April 23, 2014.

1. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

I'm not sure but I played a moon planet with the newest graphical changes and it seemed very, very dark. When I was on the Dark side of the moon™ it was so dark I could hardly see my own units/structures. Also, I realize this technically should go into the bug forum but at one point while going into the settings to search for a brightness slider after returning back into the game, the planet was actually invisible other than units/metal deposits; the only way to get it back was to go back into settings. With this I'd also like to suggest something for Uber to maybe consider working on to at least help, a brightness slider. It'd be greatly appreciated!
    stormingkiwi, wondible and elvisior like this.
  2. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

I had an issue with what appeared to be hdr after entering and leaving the settings menu. F5 fixed that easily though.
    wondible likes this.
  3. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

I very much support a brightness slider. +1
  4. aevs

aevs Post Master General

You mean you want controls for...
    Gamma settings? :cool: Okay, I'm not even sure if that qualifies as a pun.
  5. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

I heartily chuckled.
  6. squishypon3

Hey, this isn't the 'Fire!' Thread! >:1 (Okay I can't lie.. I loved that pun. :) )
  7. polaris173

polaris173 Active Member

http://mirrors.rit.edu/instantCSI/ *Warning* Make sure your volume is down or your ears may implode into your brain, especially if you're wearing headphones */Warning*

Aside from some weird derping that I'll have to post in the bug forums, I also had some serious brightness issues, +1 for this. On a positive note, HDR is no longer messing things up, progress!
  8. keterei

keterei Active Member

Whoa man, that sounds like it was a rad trip man..
    kayonsmit101 likes this.
  9. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

It's ok. I can't see how I could possibly derail this thread into a pun-train.
  10. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

You're on the right track!
    websterx01 and stormingkiwi like this.
  11. tollman

tollman Member

For me, when the sun is on your side it is too bright as the units really shine/glint so I turned down the brightness but then when it is the night time it is really dark and had to put it back up :/ (Had all things turned on and graphics on max)
  12. Mosse

Mosse Member

We need sliders for all settings! :D
    aevs likes this.
  13. superouman

superouman Post Master General

We need sliders to set sliders too.
    tatsujb, aevs and Raevn like this.
  14. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

turn HDR off, personally I like darkness. I'd like for nights to be darker.
    RMJ likes this.
  15. squishypon3

Well darkness is great, but not to the point where I can hardly see my units and need to use icons only as idicators.
  16. Mosse

Mosse Member

.....what? o_O
  17. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

see that's my point. What the hell is wrong with icons?
    wait for headlights to be implemented.

they'll light up the night.

I anycase you should try and learn to use icons or you'll have big troubles with this game. turn on "selected icons" in options so that you can see what you've selected.
    aevs likes this.
  18. iron71

iron71 Member

Everything is really bright for me in game, like everything seems to have a bloom and the colors seem paler. Also the textures flicker sometimes. Don't know why.
  19. aevs

aevs Post Master General

Yeah, I'd like to see the dark side of moons and planets be quite a bit darker relative to headlight intensity. When you look up at the moon, you can barely see the dark side at all because it's almost as dark as the void of space behind it. In PA, you can't really get that 'crescent moon' look because the ambient light is so bright on the dark side of a planet. Right now the dark side of a planet looks like dim terrain with units / buildings giving off some dim light with small falloff ranges.
    I guess I just want to see darker nights and brighter lights :D
  20. squishypon3

Whoa there, I can identify and use icons, I've been here since Alpha; I'm pretty sure I'd get used to the icons.. Just I tend to be pretty zoomed in when working at my base and not being able to see what so ever makes it pretty difficult...

Also: I can't see the terrain which makes it hard to see craters/understand where or why I can't build something in a certain area.