how Epic will Galactic war be?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by nuketf, April 20, 2014.

1. optimi

optimi Well-Known Member

Will procedurally generated missions/special events be a part of Galactic War? I remember hearing something along those lines a while back. Could be my imagination, though.
  2. BradNicholson

BradNicholson Uber Employee Uber Alumni

We'll have a lot more to share about the initial release of Galactic War (it's so awesome!) pretty soon (TM).
  3. krakanu

krakanu Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
  4. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

I think its going to have some similarity's with eve online. Different clans annihilating each other for resources or teaming up with each other to annihilate enemy's. Its going to be awesome!
  5. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

clan wars...so epic you could lly with a clan destroy a hostile one then dissapair from your allied clan untill you need help!
  6. eratosthenes

eratosthenes Active Member

... galactically epic?
  7. BulletsFrozen

BulletsFrozen Active Member

Oh my god uber please....
    Have 3 sections to orbital war please.
    Number one the single player campaign style type thingy.
    A multiplayer clan war style where all clans start out with a small equal share in the galaxy(s) and they have to go through battling each other for dominance (hopefully there is a balancing factor against some large clans; I am staring you dead in the eye realm :p) and finally a faction war between the four factions (legionis machina etc etc) where they fight over the galaxy much like Planetside 2. I am sure it will be amazing no matter what but these are just dreams and hopes of mine :D.
    LavaSnake likes this.
  8. blaze2500

blaze2500 New Member

Totally just read my mind man!!!
  9. RMJ

RMJ Active Member

Its really hard to say, and i doubt they have even started to work on it yet.

Since its kinda pointless before they nail the basic and fun engaging game play on multiple planets.

IF done wrong the galactic war will be a huge grind, doing the same thing over and over again.

If done right, it will be fun, interesting and unique way of battling through the universe.

I mean think about spore. it very quickly became very boring and a grind to by pass or kill the grox. It was just the same over and over and over again.

I do think that the galactic war would need some of talent tree or something.

Like all players or ai start with different units, when you defeat a player you consume and gain access to the technology that commander had.. Else i cant really see how it will work.

Im still not sure how they will get around the fact that when you have 1-2 planets you have infinite resources forever.

I wouldn be surprised if they skip galactic war for the first release or even abandon it. because it might simply just not work, and as much as i love the idea, spending time and resources on something that either dont work or have a really low success rate and doesnt add anything to the game, its a bit pointless. Not like the game has the biggest budget ever.

Multiplanet games are already insanely long. ive had games that was 5 hours long.

imagine if it took say 100 hours to complete a galactic war. very few people has that kind of time or attention span.

its crazy enough in Civilization 5, how long a game can take. 20-30 hours is not uncommon for one game.
  10. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Except that have started it, in fact, they've started it 3 times now because the first 2 times they weren't happy with how it was turning out and axed it.

This makes me think you might not understand exactly what Galactic War is/intends to be, this PSA thread is a good place to figured out exactly what the Devs are intending.

It can be designed separate from the rest of the game because it's mechanics only happen inbetween games, it is not a single huge skirmish but a series of small skirmishes that the GW Mechanics tie together.

Mike
  11. thelordofthenoobs

thelordofthenoobs Well-Known Member

I guess it's time for an official announcement that explains to everyone what galactic war really is supposed to be.

So many people don't know that it is a metagame and not a giant skirmish (how can you even believe that...it would neither work from a gameplay perspective nor does everyone have a super computer at home..).
    tilen and igncom1 like this.
  12. KNight

So basically indirectly this;

PSA - What galactic War Actually is.

Seeing as it's based entirely off Dev comments.......

Mike
  13. tilen

tilen Member

If you check any gaming forum, there'll be lots of people with unrealistic expectations. It's just how it is. :)
  14. thelordofthenoobs

thelordofthenoobs Well-Known Member

Your thread contains all information that is needed (and I read it just a few days ago) but most people will only read official announcements and not some thread on the forums ;)
  15. KNight

Most people won't read anything, so the best thing we can do is make use of what we do have and politely provide links to relevant sources whenever possible.

Mike
    BulletMagnet and emraldis like this.