The things I like about the new EXPERIMENTAL Build

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by mered4, April 21, 2014.

1. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Here's a link to it: if:http://www.twitch.tv/metabolical/b/521844307

Number ONE:

Turret Price increase. From what I saw, SLTs were 300, and DLTs were 600 again. Not sure about the TLT. This is probably the most requested thing on the forums regarding balance. So, thanks, Uber, for listening.

Orbital Changes / Additions:

Gameplay / UI:

Lines have been added to orbital units. I think they only appear at a certain angle, but I cannot be sure. It's a unique feature and I like it! Great way to bring the orbital layer down to earth, as it were.
    The Orbital Factory building all units? Yep. That's ok. I don't see any obvious issues with it.

MODELS:

I don't know about you guys - but I like the new models. I know some will prefer the Avenger be different and more space-y, but that's all right. It fits.

The orbital Factory especially. That thing looks sick. And almost exactly what I thought one would look like.

NUKES:

They are making them ridiculously expensive. No point in building them now. Even with the T2 changes they are showing us.

What do you think of it?
  2. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

The orbital factory looks so smexy, and the orbital lines are going to improve orbital play a LOT.

As far as the nukes go, I'm glad they're more expensive, but I still want to test it myself before I pass final judgement. For all we know, the T2 changes make the nuke changes irrelevant, but I'm too lazy to do the actual numbers myself.

And the turrets change is, of course, pure awesomeness.
  3. superouman

superouman Post Master General

Oh wow finally an experimental build stream!!! I was beginning to die because of the lack of these streams.

I'd prefer the nukes to be very expensive and very hard to build. Still far more preferable than the spam.
    mered4 likes this.
  4. phantomtom

phantomtom Active Member

I just really love the look of everything and ho ever made the orbital factory is a designe master genius!
    looks totaly awesome maybe not done but still f ing cool! 132 per sec on the orbital fac! u have to tech 2 befor u go orbital fac. I dont know. I wanna play it:D Counter to everything... MORE!

Edit:
    Teching to tech2 I dont know... 5000 compaird to 7000 and say u build a tech 2 fac in 1min.
    If u got like 18 mex thats like 132 metal income. Thats 132 every sec. times 60 thats 7920 mass.
    Idont know if it`s a big deal. I woulde like too the tech 2 fac cost more. but thats not very friendly too the random people playing.
    Last edited: April 21, 2014
    cptconundrum likes this.
  5. superouman

superouman Post Master General

For the orbital lines, the air units from starcraft 2 gave me that idea too.

A second idea was to display orbital units icons on the surface.

I hope the UI won't be too cluttered with all those lines when many satellites are on the field.
  6. tehtrekd

I'm thinking there'll be some sort of option to make them appear, like holding shift or something.
  7. BulletsFrozen

BulletsFrozen Active Member

If anyone is wondering about the lines, they look amazing btw.
    orbital lines.png
  8. tehtrekd

The first time I saw them I was like "OH MY GOD, LASER BEAMS!!!"
    I was saddened when I found out they were not laser beams :(
    mered4 and stormingkiwi like this.
  9. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

[​IMG]