Anime/Manga

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Xx Tikki xX, December 11, 2010.

1. patema

patema Active Member

I watched the 8th movie last autumn :)

Mirai Fukuin is probably my favorite KnK movie next to the 2nd movie.
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

uh, there is an 8th movie now?
    Perfect.
    cptconundrum and reptarking like this.
  3. patema

patema Active Member

Mirai Fukuin Bluray & DVD, February 19th
    [​IMG]

Shiki's daughter was sooooo adorable <3
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    cola_colin likes this.
  4. patema

patema Active Member

5. arseface

arseface Post Master General

Necro because next season is coming up.

I can't find anything worth watching(this season) besides possibly Mushishi S2, but I never finished the first. Anybody know something I don't or will this be a backlog chugging season?
  6. patema

patema Active Member

Koe no Katachi is easily the best Shounen manga today.

I'm getting too old for manga and anime.

Chūnibyō Ren will be the final anime I'm watching and Koe no Katachi will be the final manga I'm reading.

After those, I'm done with this world.
  7. NegimaSonic

NegimaSonic Active Member

Not watching anything in particular (went back to games more) so I'll probably be finishing up all the winter leftovers that I put on hold.

But I hear a lot of noise about some Mahouka something or other. I'll just wait for whatever hype trains to roll on through.
  8. patema

patema Active Member

9 more days.
    [​IMG]
  9. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

Soo what anime from this season are you guys watching??
  10. NegimaSonic

None atm, still finishing up last season stuff. Just finished Log Horizon and Golden Time. Also finished Non Non Biyori (a holdover from Fall that I watched to hate myself).
    Nagi no Asukara is next but I'm also finishing up Inari, Kon Kon Iroha whenever I'm out with only my 3ds.

From the current season I do have my eye on Mahouka, Akame no Riddle, Isshuukaan Friends, No Game No Life, and Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou, but I probably won't get around to those til Spring ends XD
  11. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

Log horizon is amazing. Shiroe is a boss. Golden time was by far one of my favorite romantic comedies. Nagi no Asukara is probably in my top 10
  12. cola_colin

I am working through half of what crunchyroll has in the current season, as I usually do. So far most notable seem to be Brynhildr in the Darkness for being a somewhat different version of Elfen lied and One Week Friends/Is the Order a Rabbit for being adorable and cute.
    That's only the tip of the iceberg, my watchlist on crunchyroll has like a bit more than a dozen shows of the current season.

Nagi no Asukara was indeed a pretty good piece of work, only finished it recently.
  13. NegimaSonic

Yeah Shiroe is a pretty great character, I like his "plans", though the final few episodes didn't show that off as much as I'd like. They still set it up for an interesting second season.

Couldn't really stand Golden Time. It wasn't purely bad or anything and I can see why people like it but it just didn't do it for me. This was compounded by the fact while it was airing, I ended up watching Toradora (the author's other work) and liked it a ton more.

I've got about 7 more episodes to go. The show is pretty solid, I just sorta know how it ends (at least relationship wise) so I'm taking my time getting around to it.

Now this is news to me
  14. arseface

Just watched Patema Inverted. Pretty good.

I'm also rewatching Shinsekai Yori with a buddy of mine. I really wish the book would get translated.
  15. NegimaSonic

whoops, forgot about this but well almost time for summer stuff haha. I have like no interest in anything except SAO and Free 2 (for lols).
    Not gonna watch Patema any time soon, I just don't really do (anime) movies, I still haven't watched the Persona 3 movie and I have a real reason to watch that since I played the game.

As far as current season in brief, I'm in love with No Game No Life. Black Bullet is a pretty decent second. I'm glad for the Brynhildr recommendation from above. Mahouka has been disappointing up to where I left it off at (ep 5).
    Kanojo ga Flag o Oraretara and Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou are alright. Mekakucity Actors seems better marathoned but worthwhile I think if you can sit through the confusion. Akuma no Riddle doesn't excite me anymore but I'm still curious how it'll end. Isshuukaan Friends has been put on hold for whenever I'm bored/run out, I don't think it is bad at all, just wanna make more time for the other "actiony" ones (though honestly I could drop Mahouka for it)
  16. cola_colin

indeed, just watched the newest episode. Damn. So. Impressing.
    Brynhildr is a bit tooo heavy on fan service though, not as good as I hoped it could be. Still okay though, guess if it will stick in memory or not will depend on how well it'll explain some background stuff. If instead of doing that it just throws in another bath fan service scene that would be kinda sad.
  17. NegimaSonic

Took me a bit to get around to it but yeah (without spoilers) gotta say that was yet another impressive plan. I'm not sure that I could not have that much faith in someone XD
  18. patema

patema Active Member

bump

discuss
  19. arseface

Not much to say this season.

GGO (SAO:S2) is going pretty well so far.
    I want to like Aldnoah.Zero, but I have a strong aversion to mecha anime and so far it hasn't been good enough to make up for that.
    Psycho-Pass EE isn't as good as the original series because it reveals too much too soon. That said, it's good for a second watch if not a first.

I dunno if there's anything else worth watching. Are there any movies coming out that look promising?
  20. arseface

I think I might have accidentally purchased an bootleg anime bluray.

It's from the UK. On the disk it even says "not for sale outside the UK or Ireland". AND, it's region locked, which I never even knew was a thing for bluray. I had to watch it in VLC, but without menus so I couldn't skip to individual episodes.

None of this was advertised on the site http://www.amazon.co.uk/Puella-Madoka-Complete-Collection-Blu-ray/dp/B008MJRO6O which is odd for Amazon.

If I thought it was legitimate and I had to deal with that it'd be fine. BUT...

The video is the footage from the movies, segmented like the TV show. I'm not sure which scenes were cut from the original series to make the movies watchable, otherwise I'd skip directly to them. The "next episode" lines don't have any visuals, and are replaced what can at best be described as really shitty fanart.

I'm considering returning it, but I'm not sure if the UK doesn't just have terrible anime releases. I'm also not sure if I should report this, or even how to go about doing that.

TL;DR UK is now China.