Things you do that don't fit your age group

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Intricasm, January 28, 2011.

1. Intricasm

Intricasm New Member

So i've really noticed something as of late; my tastes don't even come close to my friends in music. They all listen to the top 40 pop music, or brand new country/rock music. I can listen to that, too.. It just isn't my preference.

I enjoy listening to classical piano (Moonlight Sonata is still, in my opinion, the best piece of music ever created.), Earth Wind and Fire, Chicago, Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash.. Journey when I get drunk. (As Jack, Syd, and others I play with can attest. Luckily my mic is muted when I sing along.) The list can go on and almost no one I know my age can stand even a minute and a half of my music. It makes me sad.

So what about you guys?
  2. IlliniJen

IlliniJen New Member

I'm closing in on 39 years old, love video games, internet memes and indie music. I don't fit anywhere near my age group, which is married suburbanite soccer mom, which would bore me to death.
  3. PinkPwnageFrenzy

PinkPwnageFrenzy New Member

My musical interest is far and varied. Only thing I don't really like is country, but I can stand it in small doses. I generally listen to hip hop (more towards 80's 90's and/or underground), dubstep and drum & bass.

As for the topic, I watch cartoons. Not too much recently, as the only good one these days is Adventure Time. I also seem to have common sense, but that's less an age group thing and more just a thing people lack these days.

Oh, and I'm 20, that's somewhat important.
  4. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

I still remember logging on XBL when I was 15. I didn't have any of my friends from middle school on my friends list because all they did when they played games was scream stupid **** on the mic as loudly as they could. I'm actually less mature now on Live than I was five years ago. I guess all of the stupidity of the internet finally wears down on you...
  5. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

I don't even know what my age group would do.

I'm too busy going to parties, playing video games, and pretending like I care about college.

I'm 20, by the way. Haha.

I guess substance use, underage drinking and cursing "because it makes you sound cool" would be expected of me, but I don't drink, drug, or curse, so. I'm a good little angel~ :3

I agree with PPF on the music thing, too. I pretty much listen to everything but country and rap/current hip-hop. Kids these days and their autotunes and their no-talent hacks and their Justin Beiber.
  6. Shhmowzoww

Shhmowzoww New Member

Hmmmm, I'm not sure what people my age would be doing, I've always been different from others. I guess because I play video games, have a 1 year old, I don't wear makeup (though on special occasions, my sisters force it on me), not the biggest clothes shopper, and I hate having a million shoes makes me a lot different then girls my age(or just in general?). Also like Obsydianyte, I don't curse, drink, or do drugs :)

Oh and I'm 23!
  7. Saint Mudknot

Saint Mudknot New Member

Im 23. I rarely get drunk, its not often at all but i do enjoy a nice Jack n Coke here and there, its delicious. People my age find that weird cause i work in night clubs and bar atmospheres. I dont smoke......well im all about the environment so i keep it green :mrgreen: ;) .
    I own my own business and work freelance graphic design, and that is by far more than a lot of people i know. Most people who go to school for photography, dont end up working it. I on the other hand dont go to school for it and just picked it up over the years and twisted it in with my other art forms. Then started up a company from it.

Country music can burn and die and go to hell and get run over by a fiery hell bus, then picked up by Satan and he can use it to wipe during his morning "personal bathroom time" and feed the left overs to Cerberus.
  8. FB Zombie Chaos

FB Zombie Chaos New Member

Most of the time I don't like to tell my age because people my age with a kid usually don't play video games, or post on web sites about them.

I do however.

I'm a hard worker, and do all the important stuff adults have to do.

When I'm not being a single 30 yr old guy with a 4 year old, I like to play games and watch movies. Sue me.

Speaking of movies. How many people here have seen Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World?
  9. Saint Mudknot

Saint Mudknot New Member

I think youd be surprised how many people on MNC are your age group bud. AARPS, apparently Illijen are two just to name off the bat. However now when you deal with me im going to give you the "old man treatment" you get to hear me talk mad trash about your age and ill sing old man river to you.
    That is if you can hear without your hearing aids in ;)
  10. FB Zombie Chaos

:lol:

I love it!

Do your worst! I can take it.

Just keep in mind the hip replacement ok?
  11. Saint Mudknot

Saint Mudknot New Member

No problem, ill find you a good walking stick cause i aint gunna get you a cane when your on that retirement fund
  12. FB Zombie Chaos

Sword cane plz.
  13. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

I have one of those.
    It has a blue orb on top, supported by a pedestal of two serpents encircling the hilt.
  14. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

I'm 13 but I HATE Call of Duty, but actually kind of like games like Counter-Strike and TFC. I suck at them btw.
  15. That Dutch Guy

That Dutch Guy New Member

Dude, I love how you go Offtopic in any thread. Like, always.

"Hey, how's Dead Space, have you seen Scott Pilgrim" etc. Love it :lol:
  16. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

I think Zombie has ADHLAS.
  17. Intricasm

Intricasm New Member

I probably should have mentioned that i'm 23.

Why everyone be hatin' on country? =( I love country.
  18. Moosk

Moosk New Member

im 21 and i still like pretending zombies are attacking me and i shoot them with my pretend finger gun...good time when i was 10, good times now
  19. StriderHoang

StriderHoang New Member

20. grindout

grindout Member

I dont smoke weed like the rest of 23 year old..

BUT...

I watch Disney channel Yea WADDUP!!!

OH also I listen to Backstreet Boys.. Just bought their newest CD on Monday.. Yea come at me.. What you gon do lol