Suggestion: Bomb Bots Burrow to Become Mines

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by eroticburrito, April 19, 2014.

?

Sound good?

1. Yarp.

88.4%
  2. Narp.

11.6%
  1. eroticburrito

eroticburrito Post Master General

You wouldn't need to be watching - if you had Scouts in your army then they'd reveal the Bomb-Bots and your troops would shoot them automatically :)
    In which case it'd be cool if the Bomb-Bots surfaced and ran at whatever had just opened fire at them xD
    websterx01 likes this.
  2. karolus10

karolus10 Member

This would pretty much turn bomb-bots into banelings.
    [​IMG]

I think that mines and burrowed bomb-bots would be always visible, but they could be destroyed by detonating them (as a option, bots could be triggered manually by player instead of proximity detonation) or using heavy artillery fire (but it would had massive amount of HP when underground).

I think that mines and bomb bots are more of a area denial weapon when burrowed, but it's aren't big deal if You had larger army (You can send some cannon fodder to detonate mines) as it's very unlikely that entire moon would become a minefield.
  3. GoogleFrog

GoogleFrog Active Member

Roach and Tick do this in Zero-K and it works pretty well. This is the sort of special ability that I like because it requires no extra UI complexity or clicking on things.
  4. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

why do we need borrowing bombs when we have actual mines? this would just lead to microcheese
  5. CounterFact

CounterFact Active Member

It's a nice idea, bom bot mines. But then again, mines in PA aren't that succesful..

How about borrowing t2 flamebots. Really punish the sheller-leveler with some aa bot combo.
    Select the bots, give them an area attack command somewhere and they will burrow there, withing the bigger circle of the areacommand would be a smaller red circle which would be the triggerpoint to spring the ambush.
    Any radar can see them, but they can be a nice trap to put I think. And really low micro as well.