Non-share armies - Team Games

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by sookrispy, April 20, 2014.

1. sookrispy

sookrispy Active Member

So just now I was playing a teamed game with non-share armies and I have to say I hate it so much.

There are so many different things that annoy me and I really see no point in non shared army team games.

First of all, When your teammate is scouting, It's incredibly annoying how I can't see the light around the unit (it's radius) and the same goes for my teammates, I want them to be lit up like me just like in normally shared army team games.

Second of all, My teammate started building an Anti-nuke in my base because his had just been destroyed, So i send some fabbers to assist, but all they can do is reclaim. I can't even help my teammate build an anti- nuke but instead i destroy it.

Third of all, My teammate had to leave half way through the game so his units were just sitting there getting killed. I think there should be some kind of command which lets his teammates take control of his units incase he gets disconnected or he has to leave, etc...

And lastly, when you play a non shared army game, It doesn't really have that feeling of playing with your TEAMmates, it's more just a free for all where some people can't attack you.

These small things don't require that much work but if done, will significantly improve the gameplay for non shared armies. I'm sorry if I sound like i'm complaining and that I hate it so much, its just that it's not that fun to play it.....

Anyway thank you guys for reading, and tell me what you think.
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  2. chronosoul

chronosoul Well-Known Member

These are really solid points, It really doesn't feel like a teamgame if you can't assist or help your teammate or even take over their units.

THere should be a give unit command or automatic version once the player leaves so you don't lose their resources.

What do you mean by this? what light? just kind of confused.
  3. sookrispy

sookrispy Active Member

I really have no idea what it's called when it's probably the most simplest thing but basically the the circle around the commander, basically his view and what he can see, when you have non shared armies, you cant see what your teammates can see.... I don't know what its called

Attached Files:

4. spicyquesidilla

spicyquesidilla Active Member

Are you talking about vision? or Fog of War?
  5. hohopo

hohopo Member

He is talking about how allies vision doesn't remove the fog of war effect, you still get the vision. It can make it hard for scouting and so on.

realistically alliance games still need a lot of work, but ATM they work enough for us to use with out the standard polish we expect. Uber has stated that the plan on adding all of the things you listed above soon...
    aevs likes this.
  6. sookrispy

sookrispy Active Member

Yes that is exactly what i am talking about, Fog of war thingy, haha thanks
  7. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

The army game type is far from complete.

Right now, not sharing fog of war is a bug. It will be fixed in the next patch.

We will also have the capabilities to share economy, and give units and stuff to your allies. So it will be much more viable as a game type.

That being said, I very much prefer the Army game type. It's so much better.
    drz1 likes this.
  8. trialq

trialq Post Master General

Are you sure you couldn't assist? The default might be reclaim, trying selecting assist from the right then clicking on the thing you want to assist. In alliance games you can do things like use a team mates teleporter, which is nice.
  9. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Item one is a bug, I think item two is as well, while item three is an element of feature incomplete.
  10. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

Yeh, since this mode is the most recent addition, it still has quite a few features missing and bugs. I would just keep playing shared armies for now, until it is neatened out.
  11. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

Item two is another example of illogical contextual command defaults. (There was one patch where the default behaviour on an enemy unit was to repair or assist it - remember the tanks being repaired?)

Can someone bring that to Uber's attention in some way?
  12. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

that's just unit give. it's a must have for PA 1.0
  13. dynamicecho

dynamicecho New Member

The biggest problem I had with it recently was my anti-nukes shooting down my ally's nukes, which was extremely irritating. Hopefully it'll get improved sooner rather than later as I really hate the shared army mode.
  14. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

that actually makes a tremendous amount of sense. an anti nuke sees an incoming missile it's only doing it's job, the poor thing, how could it have time to ID it at the ridiculous speed it's flying?
  15. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Trophy System's id the flight path of hostile missiles within half a second. Now, they can be spoofed, some missiles fire a decoy .4 seconds ahead and slip by during the very short cooldown time, but in the actual field, the trophy system has already proven it can tell a hostile flight path from a nonhostile one. Let's harmless ones fly right by.

Just saying, realistically or "awesome"wise, friendly antinukes probably should not shoot down friendly nukes.

For now, "power down" antinukes when teammates communicate a nuke strike with you.